Receiving a Forbidden Bleeding Apple Scolymia with slight tissue recession tomorrow for free, advice on how to save it?

Mason Michalski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, one of my business partners has gotten extremely busy with his primary business and doesn't have time to take care of his corals and is handing off to me a very expensive Scoly for free with the hopes I can save it from some slight tissue recession. No pics on my end yet. I have a pristine 150 Gal with no sand sifters to bother it, so what can I do to give this Scoly the best chance of recovery? I have everything running on Tropic Marine All For Reef 36ml per day through Neptune DOS, and a 48" 4x T5 Led Blue + Fixture (7 hours) with 2 Ai Hydra 26 HD's (10 hours) with many different placements areas from low flow to high flow, low light to high light. Attached is pic of tank for placement

Reef update.jpg

OP
OP
Mason Michalski

Mason Michalski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys! I will go low flow under a slight outcrop away from high flow and feed krill and pellets 3 times a week at night, I dose Amino Acids from Aquavitro as well so hopefully it has all it needs to thrive.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back