Recent College Graduate with a passion for corals as big as the ocean! (:

educatedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!
I’ve been in the hobby since 2019, but entered from freshwater since 2016.
I pretty much went through the phases of seeing Finding Nemo as a kid, putting countless fish to sleep and “easy to keep” corals in my cyano covered reef tanks, looking on Google “what causes coral bleaching?” and “what is SPS, LPS, and LFS?” to meeting countless local reefers and LFS in Southern California and receiving corals from online vendors and reefers from Reef2Reef!
Although I just started my first job out of college as a software data engineer/analyst, I’ve been enjoying my reefing hobby from a students POV by getting my hands on all marine and coral-related books from libraries all over, watching MACNA and Reefing talks and podcasts, and writing essays and research papers on coral biology!
Although my very first coral was an blue, orange-rimmed lobo, I’ve grown into becoming a stick-head with an appreciation for montipora and chalices and would love to meet and share my intense passion for reef-keeping, environmentalism, and growing corals with local and far-away reefers!
My dream is to one day work for a coral farming company or a coral vendor/store when I retire or while I’m working now hahah….so if anyone needs help with website development, photography, big data/sales management, or anything reefing related let me know! Imagine working for Tropic Marin, Red Sea, WWC, Reef Builders, Reefapalooza, etc I’d even work for free just because I love this hobby and the people so much!
Thanks for letting me share and I look forward to meeting everyone on R2R :)
(P.S. id love to see your most price, “rarest”, or secret coral so add a photo with your reply!)

Last edited:

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
Goofy Movie Hello GIF

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!
I’ve been in the hobby since 2019, but entered from freshwater since 2016.
I pretty much went through the phases of seeing Finding Nemo as a kid, putting countless fish to sleep and “easy to keep” corals in my cyano covered reef tanks, looking on Google “what causes coral bleaching?” and “what is SPS, LPS, and LFS?” to meeting countless local reefers and LFS in Southern California and receiving corals from online vendors and reefers from Reef2Reef!
Although I just started my first job out of college as a software data engineer/analyst, I’ve been enjoying my reefing hobby from a students POV by getting my hands on all marine and coral-related books from libraries all over, watching MACNA and Reefing talks and podcasts, and writing essays and research papers on coral biology!
Although my very first coral was an blue, orange-rimmed lobo, I’ve grown into becoming a stick-head with an appreciation for montipora and chalices and would love to meet and share my intense passion for reef-keeping, environmentalism, and growing corals with local and far-away reefers!
My dream is to one day work for a coral farming company or a coral vendor/store when I retire or while I’m working now hahah….so if anyone needs help with website development, photography, big data/sales management, or anything reefing related let me know! Imagine working for Tropic Marin, Red Sea, WWC, Reef Builders, Reefapalooza, etc I’d even work for free just because I love this hobby and the people so much!
Thanks for letting me share and I look forward to meeting everyone on R2R :)
(P.S. id love to see your most price, “rarest”, or secret coral so add a photo with your reply!)
If i post my secret coral, then it wont be a secret lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back