Recent experience ordering from liveaquaria

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ordered my first set of fishes/frozen food from LiveAquaria. Below is my feedback for future buyers.

Awesome With frozen food - the frozen variety pack was awesome. Packed with dry ice. Came Nice and frozen. It was way cheaper And better quality than buying locally. It just feels fresh compared to what I used to buy from LFS...

Not so good - the fishes came in tiny. Especially the $95 dollar mandarin was a huge let down...

All is all, I will be ordering frozen food from liveaquaria. I will stay with LFS for fishes.

Sam

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered my first set of fishes/frozen food from LiveAquaria. Below is my feedback for future buyers.

Awesome With frozen food - the frozen variety pack was awesome. Packed with dry ice. Came Nice and frozen. It was way cheaper And better quality than buying locally. It just feels fresh compared to what I used to buy from LFS...

Not so good - the fishes came in tiny. Especially the $95 dollar mandarin was a huge let down...

All is all, I will be ordering frozen food from liveaquaria. I will stay with LFS for fishes.

Sam
Just curious if they ship the frozen food together and if over $149, free shipping for both?

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sam
Their site says the ORA blue mandarin will be 3/4” or larger. 3/4” is a small fish but as long as it was that size or bigger then I don’t see a problem.
The target mandarin from ORA is listed as 1” or larger.
I love @LiveAquaria and will be ordering from them anytime I need more livestock. They are Awesome!

Hendrix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar experience with Clownfish. All of them were just under the advertised size! The Aquacultured Cheato came with 30 plus "Free" hitch hikers.

On a positive note, I ordered clean up crew for tank from Top Shelve Aquatics and they blew me away with what they sent.

poidog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anything ORA is shipping directly from the ORA hatchery here in FL, so expect the same size your LFS would receive from them (usually as they just meet the minimus size for shipping). ORA also ships out in large numbers so they are not holding fish to "get bigger." Once they meet the minimum size/age off they go either to a LFS or to you direct through LA. Fish are coming from a sterile environment, so there should be no health issues.

OP
OP
SamsReef

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Their site says the ORA blue mandarin will be 3/4” or larger. 3/4” is a small fish but as long as it was that size or bigger then I don’t see a problem.
The target mandarin from ORA is listed as 1” or larger.
I love @LiveAquaria and will be ordering from them anytime I need more livestock. They are Awesome!

I did not measure the length whether the fish was 3/4 inch or not. I had tough time seeing the fish and looked like a fry. Hoping it will survive.

Anyways, in my feedback, I have provided credit where credit was due. My feedback should be more to warn buyers that if they say 3/4 inch, to be mindful that one might need a magnifying glass( I did use that to see the color). Hope that clarifies my feedback.

Sam

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sam
@SamsReef Good day! Happy to hear the

Sam
@SamsReef Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear of your satisfaction with the frozen food delivery! Our recent switch to dry ice for these orders is very beneficial this time of the year! We apologize for your disappointment with the sizing of your fish. The Approximate size is 3/4" or larger, of course the size range may vary between individual specimen. Please keep us posted and reach out to our customer service team if you would like to discuss further. Thank you for your recent order, we appreciate your insights and are here to assist you in any way we can. Have a great day!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Most of the time the fish size has been pretty close, although there have been a couple times.
I once ordered a small leopard wrasse, suppose to be 1" -1-1/2". Came in at nearly 5"o_O
This last time I ordered a file fish that was suppose to be 1"-1-1/2", but this time it was about the size of a nickle nose to tail.

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With fish they are fine based on my own experience, but with corals they hit or miss.

Just recently I bought a yellow tree coral and it’s been maybe 20 days and the coral doesn’t have any hint of yellow at all. I’ve sent an email @LiveAquaria customer service a week ago no response.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rogie337 Good morning. I apologize we didnt receive your communication, as our typical response time is within 24 hours. We would like to look into and resolve your concerns. Please PM your order details and we will work towards satisfaction. Have a great day!

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LiveAquaria is super awesome! Their customer support and their prices are almost unbeatable IMHO.

I just got done ordering a ton of frozen food myself! Hikari Coral Gumbo, Silversides and Clams on the half shell along with some Ocean Nutrition chopped clams.

20200610_150814.jpg

The food is a fantastic value even with the $30 shipping. I don't want to count how many times I've seen "frozen" food from my LFS sitting out in the open after a delivery, one time for almost an hour. No thanks.

I also just got done ordering some more Banggai Cardinals and Blue Green Chromis and they've been fantastic as well!
20200610_150937.jpg

I ordered the LiveAquaria brand salt for the first time and just had it delivered. I just mixed up a 5 gallon bucket of it and WOW! this stuff mixed up SUPER clear SUPER fast. I was using Tropic Marin Pro Reef before the LiveAquaria salt and this LA salt mixes just as fast and is as clear too. IMHO IO has a haze and leaves a film in my mixing containers.
20200610_150847.jpg

20200610_150920.jpg

And not but least! My super duper Green BTA and Tomato Clowns, both from @LiveAquaria of course!
20200610_150958.jpg

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LiveAquaria is super awesome! Their customer support and their prices are almost unbeatable IMHO.

I just got done ordering a ton of frozen food myself! Hikari Coral Gumbo, Silversides and Clams on the half shell along with some Ocean Nutrition chopped clams.

20200610_150814.jpg

The food is a fantastic value even with the $30 shipping. I don't want to count how many times I've seen "frozen" food from my LFS sitting out in the open after a delivery, one time for almost an hour. No thanks.

I also just got done ordering some more Banggai Cardinals and Blue Green Chromis and they've been fantastic as well!
20200610_150937.jpg

I ordered the LiveAquaria brand salt for the first time and just had it delivered. I just mixed up a 5 gallon bucket of it and WOW! this stuff mixed up SUPER clear SUPER fast. I was using Tropic Marin Pro Reef before the LiveAquaria salt and this LA salt mixes just as fast and is as clear too. IMHO IO has a haze and leaves a film in my mixing containers.
20200610_150847.jpg

20200610_150920.jpg

And not but least! My super duper Green BTA and Tomato Clowns, both from @LiveAquaria of course!
20200610_150958.jpg
Thank you for your order and kind words! BTW... Our salt won Best In Show at 2017 MACNA. As you know, it mixes quick and clean with out the funky brown residue that accumulates over time.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a blue/green mandarin from @LiveAquaria last month and when he came in, I was very happy with his size, (11/2") and the way he was packed. He was very active when I started to acclimate and ate the pods I put into the cup. He's doing great and goes in and out of my rocks all day. I think he's started to eat frozen because after i feed the tank i see him with a fat belly.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@SamsReef Good day! Happy to hear the

@SamsReef Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear of your satisfaction with the frozen food delivery! Our recent switch to dry ice for these orders is very beneficial this time of the year!

I am so happy to have received my last frozen food order that was shipped with dry ice.
Nice to not have to toss all those re-freezable ice containers.
I already have about a hundred of them and there is no more room. lol

Hendrix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All vendors / relationships will always have positive and negative things happen. The positives are very easy and feel great. You really get a much better feel for someone from the problems and how they handle those negative experiences:
- Responsiveness
- Accountability
- Simplicity - Ease of resolution
- etc..

I’ve had issues with multiple suppliers and measure and judge them by the above!
- BRS - Awesome!!!
They jump on it and resolve quickly
- Oceans Motion!!!!
Paul the owner is awesome!!!
- Transparent
- Apologetic
- Relentless follow-up

Im a believer if you do right buy your customers, your balance sheet will be great. Measuring customer satisfaction and Net Promoter Score are critical to building a business.

It’s awesome to have a forum like this to share the good / bad experiences & outcomes.

tjclapp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely recommend buying fish local. Less stress on fish fish, relatively same pricing.

Hendrix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely recommend buying fish local. Less stress on fish fish, relatively same pricing.
I agree, it removes all the subjectivity. I can:
- See the fish
- See the tank-mates
- See the system
- Get some history on the specimen
How long they had it?
What it’s been eating
- See it eating
I just visited an LFS that I had never been to before. An hour away with one of the largest fish selections I have seen in a long time.
- Variety
- Size from tiny to massive
- 30 plus years in the wholesale and retail business.
- Polite, professional, knowledgeable, great pricing.
- Haven't has a problem yet, can not judge them on they respond. Fingers crossed!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once ordered a small leopard wrasse, suppose to be 1" -1-1/2". Came in at nearly 5"o_O

That has been my experience too. Sure, sometimes a fish comes in a bit smaller than stated, but much more often a fish has been larger. Not necessarily a good thing though :).

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back