Recent Order Very Poor Experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to give a heads up if you are looking at LA for livestock. I just receive an order yesterday from them. First I saw that they have seriously downgrade their packaging. Instead of the normal thick walled styrofoam cooler, my order arrived in a insulted foil bag. Everything was ice cold. Mind you, the box fee was still applied and was the same as it has always been.

I unpacked everything and I had 1 bag that was empty, it had water in it, but no coral. Then one of the other bags had 2 corals inside. A trachy and a lobo. The lobo is now slowly dying. It has tissue on it but the mouths are gaping and it looks like its just a matter of time now.

I've been shopping with LA for like 15 years now, including not even 6 months ago and its never been like this. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

This was pure laziness and cheaping out the customer. I get things are more expensive but I would have rather paid more for the box fee than have a really nice looking lobo slowly dying in my tank.

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a while since I ordered from them but is this common now on how they ship? What caused them to go from a top shipper to this now?

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I just used up my credit I had with them on fry goods, wasn’t going to order livestock so it could die. My last livestock order was 39!hours late, not their fault. But the box was so large that the 6 corals only took up about a 1/4 of it, nothing to take up all that extra room. Lost 4 of 6 corals. Never again

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they aren't good anymore. Was my go to for 10 years. Last couple orders, no cooler, stupid bag. I live in northern MN, they are from central WI and they can't properly insulate for the cold in the middle of winter? Crazy. Everything ice cold. Very disappointing.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@_sludgefactory Good morning. We sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction with your recent order. We are working with different packaging in an effort to be more eco friendly and any feedback on this is important to us. Please send us a PM so we can work towards a resolution.

OP
OP
_sludgefactory

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been given a credit for the corals that died. Hopefully the replacement come in correctly and survive this time.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure styrofoam is recyclable at least it is at my recycling center

OP
OP
_sludgefactory

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure styrofoam is recyclable at least it is at my recycling center
We can only recycle white polystyrene foam here. No others. The foam bag that my order was sent in is not recyclable locally. I actually recycled all of the other foam coolers that LA normally sends stuff in.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back