Recent Order Very Poor Experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to give a heads up if you are looking at LA for livestock. I just receive an order yesterday from them. First I saw that they have seriously downgrade their packaging. Instead of the normal thick walled styrofoam cooler, my order arrived in a insulted foil bag. Everything was ice cold. Mind you, the box fee was still applied and was the same as it has always been.

I unpacked everything and I had 1 bag that was empty, it had water in it, but no coral. Then one of the other bags had 2 corals inside. A trachy and a lobo. The lobo is now slowly dying. It has tissue on it but the mouths are gaping and it looks like its just a matter of time now.

I've been shopping with LA for like 15 years now, including not even 6 months ago and its never been like this. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

This was pure laziness and cheaping out the customer. I get things are more expensive but I would have rather paid more for the box fee than have a really nice looking lobo slowly dying in my tank.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@_sludgefactory Good morning. We sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction with your recent order. We are working with different packaging in an effort to be more eco friendly and any feedback on this is important to us. Please send us a PM so we can work towards a resolution.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@_sludgefactory . We are working with different packaging in an effort to be more eco friendly and any feedback on this is important to us.
This cheap bag you are using is not working. Using a few air pillows to stabilize the corals inside isn't working.
In both my last 2 orders the bags weren't sealed. Corals died.
LA and DD used to be a great company, but recent efforts to cut costs ( you say to be eco friendly, I say BS) have really affected your products..

OP
OP
_sludgefactory

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've already emailed you. I am not starting a conversation chain in another location. I have replied to that email response twice. I filed a dispute with PayPal a few minutes ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    302.1 KB · Views: 156
OP
OP
_sludgefactory

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think the chances are of this coming back? The trachy that was in the bag with it is fine. This was such a good looking coral before your packer decided to kill it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220114_202137939~2.jpg
    PXL_20220114_202137939~2.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 153

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say this, I had great experience with live aquaria for many years, I have stopped doing business with them due to price/live stock increase, (around the time when free shipping for order over $100) is it became cheaper or close to same at local stores. but I also understand their side of business as well.

aznreef99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered fishes from them once and never again. They gave me the smallest i have ever seen. More then half died in QT within 3 days. They were able to give store credit for my next order. You guys can keep the credit as I will never order from u again.

tvan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a shipment of dead fish, already in a body bag. The thin plastic bags leaked and very little water was left when I got them ice cold. The insulted bag was unable to maintain any heat the heat pack was soaked and cold. This is the first vendor in 25-30 years that I've been in this hobby that because of poor packaging I lost money or fish. I not even going to talk about their aussie bushy coral that was floating in a pile in the corner of the bag. The coral was from Wisconsin and the fish from California both packed the same way. Please vote this company with your dollars(saved).
Tom

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thats it- I cant bear to EVER order anything live from them ever. This has been ongoing well over a year. I see NO improvement

tvan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did find paper plates in my fish box(really). No tarter sauce.... I have to laugh to keep from being depressed.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I hate that this has happened to LA. I've been a customer for a very long time. ( didn't originally Flying Fish Express get bought by LA?)
I found my 14 year old Flame Angel wedged under a rock this morning. Normally LA would be the first place I would look, but no more. Got to find a new coral and fish vendor.

guppyken

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's going on with LA? My recent 2 orders have been disasters...

The first one I ordered in Mid-December last year got significantly delayed (Not due to Fedex but LA on fulfilling order). I understood there was a staff shortage and I can wait. I already communicated to them twice about the week early this month that I wouldn't be home so they knew when not to send to avoid tragedy. And you guess it right, they did send the fish the time I was not home. Luckily I was able to get my neighbor's help and gave them to a LFS, but half of the shipment was already dead when the LFS opened the box. I was very upset with the whole experience even though I already did the best on my communication part.

I placed another order 2 weeks ago and this time it got delayed again due to continuous LA staff shortage. And when they shipped my order only 75% of my order was fulfilled (It's their policy according to LA if some livestocks are out of stock the time they shipped), what I don't understand was that after 2 days of my order all the fish I placed were still in stock (I kept checking), so obviously they sold more than what they had and they did not hold fish for order placed. Better yet, the fish not fulfilled are the ones I mostly want in my order. I am so disappointing. The best part had yet to come... when I received the shipment the fish were sitting in a very thin insulated foil bag in a box. I found shredded newspaper inside and a paper plate with a heat pack attached to it (what the heck???). I never saw packaging this lousy from LA having so many purchases with them for 6+ years. Needless to say the bags were ice cold and two third of the fish were already dead / on their side struggling and barely alive.

I know LA is doing a Eco-friendly packaging campaign according to them but it is just absolutely pointless and unacceptable if the live stocks arrive dead. We are still paying the boxing fee so the whole thing just does not make any sense.

I am not buying livestock from them anymore. The whole experience and outcome is just horrible.

Last edited:

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's going on with LA? My recent 2 orders have been disasters...

The first one I ordered in Mid-December last year got significantly delayed. I understood there was a staff shortage and I can wait. I already communicated to them twice about the week early this month that I wouldn't be home so they knew when not to send to avoid tragedy. And you guess it right, they did send the fish the time I was not home. Luckily I was able to get my neighbor's help and gave them to a LFS, but half of the shipment was already dead when the LFS opened the box. I was very upset with the whole experience even though I already did the best on my communication part.

I placed another order 2 weeks ago and this time it got delayed again due to continuous staff shortage. And when they shipped my order only 75% of my order was fulfilled (It's their policy according to LA if some livestocks are out of stock the time they shipped), what I don't understand was that after 2 days of my order all the fish I placed were still in stock (I kept checking), so obviously they sold more than what they had and they did not hold fish for order placed. Better yet, the fish not fulfilled are the ones I mostly want in my order. I am so disappointing. The best part had yet to come... when I received the shipment the fish were sitting in a very thin insulated foil bag in a box. I found shredded newspaper inside and a paper plate with a heat pack attached to it (what the heck???). I never saw packaging this lousy from LA having so many purchases with them for 6+ years. Needless to say the bags were ice cold and two third of the fish were already dead / on their side struggling and barely alive.

I know LA is doing a Eco-friendly packaging campaign according to them but it is just absolutely pointless and unacceptable if the live stocks arrive dead. We are still paying the boxing fee so the whole thing just does not make any sense.

I am not buying livestock from them anymore. The whole experience and outcome is just horrible.
Seems like a vendor Pile on. Should this be put into a locked thread?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why locked? If multiple people are having a problem should that not be known?
The reason I say this is because R2R's 'policy' is that problems between a vendor and a customer a public relations issue of name and shame. I honestly dont have a problem with people sharing their stories...but even handedness of the policy is what I think should be here. It seems like only R2R sponsors get the protection.

Scenario A: Vendor is not a R2R sponsor is allowed to go on and on and beat up the vendor until vendor gives in.
Scenario B: Vendor IS a R2R sponsor and the thread gets locked before additional people can opine and any stories that slip in get deleted.

I personally would be fine with either way but limiting debate on just R2R sponsors while letting non sponsors get beaten up not only gives a one sided story but seems coercive to become a sponsor just to stop the pile ons.

R2R policy:

1643553043702.png

guppyken

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I say this is because R2R's 'policy' is that problems between a vendor and a customer a public relations issue of name and shame. I honestly dont have a problem with people sharing their stories...but even handedness of the policy is what I think should be here. It seems like only R2R sponsors get the protection.

Scenario A: Vendor is not a R2R sponsor is allowed to go on and on and beat up the vendor until vendor gives in.
Scenario B: Vendor IS a R2R sponsor and the thread gets locked before additional people can opine and any stories that slip in get deleted.

I personally would be fine with either way but limiting debate on just R2R sponsors while letting non sponsors get beaten up not only gives a one sided story but seems coercive to become a sponsor just to stop the pile ons.

R2R policy:

1643553043702.png
I believe the R2R policy is focusing mainly on unsettled resolution / negative transaction according to what it's written. While most of us here are just sharing our stories and opinions. We are not asking for (financial) resolutions on negative transactions and we are not arguing with the sponsor.

Back