RECLAMATION 125 BEAN with SUMP FOR SALE

Dotterer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

For sale is a 125 gallon (thick glass) tank, with a stand, sump, and even a 6 foot DIYLEDs light (you're going to need a controller to turn it on and off, as I'm keeping my apex that was used to control it).

So first off, here's what it looked like setup and running. (It's NOT LIKE THAT NOW, PLZ READ THE WHOLE THREAD.) Apologies if this is 1/2 build thread, and 1/2 selling thread, but I think it's important that you know what you're getting (and I'm a little sad to let this go).

amazing-125-tank.jpg

There's so much fun that I had while making this and getting it running. We moved from NY to CT (right over the border) and now the spot that I have for a tank is just to small for the 6 foot length that this is.

It's important to note, that I modified the tank pretty heavily.

Here's the first thing I did - is I drilled three big holes in the back, and made a custom hang on overflow on the back.
external-overflow.jpg

I also made an internal 'triangle weir, because I wanted to get a coast to coast skim on the water:

internal-weir.jpg

That runs just about the whole length of the tank.

Then I started working on the BeanAnimal overflow, which I think is awesome. It's quiet as anything, and redundant. Even when a pipe clogged, I never had a flood.

back-plumging.jpg

Then I started in on a foam backwall:

foam-and-rock.jpg

foam-around-internal.jpg

And then put sand on the foam, sealed with aquarium-safe-epoxy. (There are a million threads on this, so not going to recreate that here)

sand-on-foam.jpg

I cut out the bottom of the stand (a bit) to fit in the 55-gallon sump I made as well.

system-open.jpg

And the final look was kinda of amazing, as I said:
amazing-125-tank.jpg

There's a 6-foot DIYLED 22k light, that I'll include as well, as there's nothing else I can do with it. It does need a controller to turn on/ ramp up, but it was really cool to have the UV lights come on gradually over 4 hours and then the whites, etc... with the Apex control.

I'm located in Ridgefield, CT (06877) and you can take the whole thing for $300. It is HEAVY and needs a lot of room, as it's 6ft long (plus the stand and the top, which flips up).

I'm sad to have to let this go, but hopefully someone will enjoy it, and maybe put the restoration and work into getting it better.

Some final notes:
1) You're either going to have to make a backwall or look at my kinda sloppy silicone work. I'd be
more than happy to talk you through the former. Was a lot of fun. I had to basically destroy the backwall because of all the coraline and just general gunk that had cemented the backwall to the tank. And it smelled like a fishtank, which I didn't need while i was moving .lol
2) The thing needs cleaning. Seriously. Be prepared for elbow grease. As we were moving houses, getting the livestock moved was kind of #1 priorty (outside the whole moving thing, of course) and so it's dirty. It's also been outside in a shed over the winter. I hope that didn't mess up any of the silcone too.
3) The plumbing: I'll include what I have, but there's a good chance that I lost some PVC during the move, or reused it for something else. You may need to replace some as you build it.
4) There's some salt creep/rust on the internal hinges.

OP
OP
Dotterer

Dotterer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Robbie, unfortunately, it's already gone. I'm on to my next tank, a waterbox. :) Not doing a backwall for this next one, as cool as this was.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back