Recommendation for glass lifters

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of glass lifters out there. Most with good and bad reviews (in fact all have at least 1 bad review).

Can anyone recommend a solid glass lifter (that maybe doesn’t break the bank)?

For moving 180g tank (72x25), 500lbs (estimate)?

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I started a company about 6 months ago (not gonna name it here because I'm not a sponsor). We got feed back from a moving company on which ones are the best and they basically said to stay away from any of the cheap brands as their build quality is not going to be nearly as consistent and are more likely to end up losing their seal on the glass. When I go into the warehouse this morning I'll be sure to check what brand we are using as I don't remember off the top of my head, but we have used it for a 300 gallon tank we are taking to the orlando reefapalooza show (if it stays open)

Tips: make sure the glass is super clean, have as many people as you can (you don't necessarily need suctions cups for everyone as they are best when lifting and setting the tank down but the more the better). Most of the time the suction cups will slip a little before actually letting go if that happens go to the ground as fast as you can.

What we generally do is we use the suction cups to lift a tank and set it down on a set of dollies, we roll the tank where it needs to go and then we use the suction cups again to lift it to where it needs to go. This way reduces the risks of drops.

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I started a company about 6 months ago (not gonna name it here because I'm not a sponsor). We got feed back from a moving company on which ones are the best and they basically said to stay away from any of the cheap brands as their build quality is not going to be nearly as consistent and are more likely to end up losing their seal on the glass. When I go into the warehouse this morning I'll be sure to check what brand we are using as I don't remember off the top of my head, but we have used it for a 300 gallon tank we are taking to the orlando reefapalooza show (if it stays open)

Tips: make sure the glass is super clean, have as many people as you can (you don't necessarily need suctions cups for everyone as they are best when lifting and setting the tank down but the more the better). Most of the time the suction cups will slip a little before actually letting go if that happens go to the ground as fast as you can.

What we generally do is we use the suction cups to lift a tank and set it down on a set of dollies, we roll the tank where it needs to go and then we use the suction cups again to lift it to where it needs to go. This way reduces the risks of drops.
Thanks. I’d be very interested in what brand they recommend/ use.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it's the same brand but these look identical to the ones I've been using at work for many years. I'm a Glazier and have carried some very heavy stuff with them
Screenshot_20200402-201420.png

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to add that if you are moving anything big like 150 or bigger, I would spend a bit more money
Yes. Bigger than 200g hopefully. Anything under 100g me and a few friends would move by hand. Over 200g, I’m thinking glass lifters might be helpful. From suggestion above, they have a 300lbs per unit max for $100. I’m hoping 2 of those could do it (?). Empty tank weight estimated 400-550 lbs.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back