Recommendation for someone who wants to start a Nano.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have someone who wants to start a Nano, actually one of my Drs. Was looking at the JBJ 25 and a JBJ 45. Does anyone here have one of these, also the good and the bad on them? BTW He can’t go any larger than 45 gallons.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with blaxsun on this !! . If it’s going to be in his office keep it small and simple . If it’s going to be in his waiting room I would tell him to have a company install ,maintain ,and be as much automated as it can be . The days he’s off someone has to look in on it or at least be on call when notified by a automated system like apex . If it’s a small tank with a couple clowns and a easy keep coral like a shroom or two he might get away with leaving for the weekend . Someone has to maintain it . Auto Feeders can be used on off days . Hope this helps :cool:

OP
OP
S

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s going to be in his Condo, he’s limited on the size, and was going to check on the water volume limit. I can give him a 7 gallon bucket, actual use 6 gallons, for saltwater mixing and changes. Also going to work out giving him RO/DI Water. Anymore these Drs. Offices have to be locked up like Fort Knox.

Livebait44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold my house and retired to a apartment 3 years ago, so very little space, did not plan on doing another reef tank, but, started a 10 gallon aio 6 months ago, I have a aquarium service company deliver there sea water mix in 5 gallon pails. $2 a gallon , make acceptable ro/di water for make up using a Zero water filter, one cartridge produces almost 50 gallons of water before reading over 0 tds , so far working out well with min foot print, continuing to automate the system, had unexpected 5 day hospital stay. Np

allsite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider a 12 gallon long tank. It's just the right size where the water maintenance becomes very easy. You can do a 40% water change in a single 5 gallon bucket. Also the long form factor looks really cool.

OP
OP
S

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He decided not to get an Aquarium. There was a used JBJ 45, listed nearby, good price, lots of extras. He passed on it, thought it would be too difficult.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally love the RS Max Nano as it’s just the right size and water volume. It’s also got the basics for an aquarium except the heater.
I’d recommend running that idea by your friend if he ever wants to get into the hobby again.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back