Recommendations for Using Pro Bio F in a Nano Tank

Discussion in 'Aquaforest' started by rynosreef, Apr 14, 2019.

1. rynosreef

rynosreef New Member

Hi there!

I'm in the planning stages of a new tank: a 25g AIO SPS/mixed with a skimmer and I'm researching the various nutrient management options out there. Admittedly, I may end up only needing to do regular water changes, but I like to research my options beforehand.

I've read a lot of threads here that state using Pro Bio F in conjunction with Pro Bio S and -NP Pro is fine, but that Pro Bio S and -NP Pro are not suggested for smaller tanks. Pro Bio F is more suitable for these smaller setups. I've not yet found much information on how then to best implement use of Pro Bio F on a nano tank besides the dosage recommendation.

Besides needing to run a skimmer, are there any other required or recommended supplements/systems you would run on a nano tank using Pro Bio F for nutrient management? If it was day 1 of a tank like this, what do you imagine your setup would look like?

Would use of Pro Bio F negate the need of running additional nutrient management systems like an algae reactor, or a media reactor with Zeolites, GFO, Carbon, Bio S, Life Bio Fil, ect? Or would it be more of a supplement to these.

My goal is to either automate or simplify my maintenance on this tank as much as possible, which may mean I'll only end up doing water changes. But if I need more, a scoop a day seems pretty simple to me.

Of course, I'm sure the answer to most of these questions is "it depends..." but any insight you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help out!

2. Aquaforest

Aquaforest Active Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hello,
    Thank you for your question.

Yes - Pro Bio S is dedicated for smaller aquariums.
    Everything depends of your corals stock and levels of nutrients.
    If Pro Bio F will be not enough - you need to reduce nutirient more - than you can try to add some other probiotics products like: Pro Bio S and NitraPhos Minus or add GFO.
    Carbon is to reduce chemical war between corals and removes yellow colors from water - it makes water crystal clear.

Life Bio Fil is medium: https://aquaforest.eu/en/product/life-bio-fil/
    Bio S is nitrifying bacteria for start up and ammonia reduction: https://aquaforest.eu/en/product/bios/

Draft saved Draft deleted