Red algae?

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. This stuff hitchhiked on a bounce shroom I recently obtained. Has been growing pretty rapidly. Looks like a type of macro algae but I'm just not sure. Hard to get a decent close up picture but overall pretty small compared to my other macro algaes.

20210726_130947.jpg 20210726_130927.jpg Screenshot_20210726-131015_Gallery.jpg

admiralmcstabby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost looks like Red Gracilaria judging by your statement of it growing quickly and its visual identification...like Chaeto it's good for absorbing unwanted nutrients and if you have any herbivores in the tank they may graze at it.

OP
OP
G

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost looks like Red Gracilaria judging by your statement of it growing quickly and its visual identification...like Chaeto it's good for absorbing unwanted nutrients and if you have any herbivores in the tank they may graze at it.
thanks for the reply! after looking through google images this one is different since it has segments if you look closely at the enlarged picture you can see them. I still believe it is some type of macro algae.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back