Drummerguydw

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi, slowly stocking my new 150 gallon sps reef tank, looking to pick up 2 wrasses, looking for anyone with experience with the red Coris wrasse and how it would be in a reef tank, I already know they will attack and eat inverts.

Also, will a red Coris wrasse be compatible with other Coris wrasses like a yellow? And with flasher or fairy wrasses?

thanks in advance

AquaCave Logo Banner

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
As beautiful of a fish as you will endure BUT they are notorious for flipping coral and frags looking for worms and food

2una

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Like said previous nothing will stay upright that isn't glued down...I even had mine turn over a 2kg rock, You can't buy a new frag & rest it down low cos as soon as you turn your back it will be in the sand.
Other than that mine never caused any inter fish trouble whether with wrasses or other fish, their pretty much peaceful.

Fritz

steven m

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
The red coris in my experience isn’t a good option for a reef. The one I had would throw sand and cover the corals I had close to the bottom. Try a radiant wrasse, one of my favorite fish and they get along with yellow coris

i cant think

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi, slowly stocking my new 150 gallon sps reef tank, looking to pick up 2 wrasses, looking for anyone with experience with the red Coris wrasse and how it would be in a reef tank, I already know they will attack and eat inverts.

Also, will a red Coris wrasse be compatible with other Coris wrasses like a yellow? And with flasher or fairy wrasses?

thanks in advance
Yellow coris wrasses are actually Halichoeres wrasses, not Coris. I recommend against the coris due to them being highly destructive in reef tanks. Radiant wrasses are a really nice addition and are very peaceful if you get them past the shipping issue.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
And my red coris is a model citizen. He does flip my conch's from time to time, but only flips them over. Doesn't move things around, gets along with everyone, even other wrasses.

Of course I've had it since it was a mere 1" baby, and now it's transitioning to it's adulthood.

My red coris is with a yellow coris, pintail fairy, leopard, and melanarus.

You can search my post history of the thread I started with my transitioning red coris.

TSM Aquatics

What do you use?

• Gfo

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • Carbon

Votes: 171 36.3%
  • Carbon & GFO

Votes: 151 32.1%
  • Water changes

Votes: 327 69.4%
LA