Red Critter ID (Bugs, planaria, etc.)???

BlueFynn_Ian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
Mixed reef tank with a wonderful amount of copepods growing everywhere. Just found this colony of red things living in a corner of my sump when I shined a flashlight in it. They are moving quite quickly and so far I have only found them in my sump running all over the glass. Apologize for the terrible pictures/videos.

Any help is appreciated.

image0.png

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda looks like a larvae but I have absolutely no idea what it is and this is why I Reef haha.

sculpin01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they’re not causing any immediate harm, I would just keep an eye on them. They’re undoubtedly preying on something but whether that’s beneficial or not remains to be seen.

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have literally millions of these tiny brown flatworms that kinda looked similar but they all disappeared over time, I think I added coral and live rock and eventually competing organisms took them out, or their main source of food ran out.

OP
OP
BlueFynn_Ian

BlueFynn_Ian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have literally millions of these tiny brown flatworms that kinda looked similar but they all disappeared over time, I think I added coral and live rock and eventually competing organisms took them out, or their main source of food ran out.
Going to keep an eye on them, I have a pair of wrasses in QT which i'm sure will enjoy them no matter what they are.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back