Red Fin Fairy Wrasse - New and in QT

Hnsmith88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunday I purchased a red fin fairy wrasse, 2 small green chromis, and a small bi color angel. They are all in QT together. The fairy wrasse is SUPER shy. This guy hides behind the air stone, pvc, heater, or wherever he can when I come up to the tank. I've read a lot that it can take a few days for them to get comfortable. I have sat in the dark down there and see zero aggression or bullying. Everything I feed, everyone eats great except for the wrasse. Just stays "hidden" (i can see him still lol. He definitely doesn't look skinny though.

I'm curious what I can do to make him more comfortable. I have a dark blanket hung around the tank (3 of 4 sides), their light is on about 50% of the day. I also am curious if ita possible he is eating small pieces left around the tank when I'm not around. I'm scared he will starve, but again, he doesn't look skinny at all.

I've had other wrasse but never a fairy wrasse. Just looking for some advice and tips to help. I don't want to start any QT meds until I know for sure he is eating. I feel like I've searched all of the internet for this topic, and I still don't feel like I've gotten a great answer.

Thanks!!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,lets call the wrasse expert ;) @evolved ,best wishes

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Red Fin Fairy wrasse is not shy. He is a fairly aggressive wrasse, and should do fine after a few days. Sometime in QT fish, you really don't want them to be able to go deep into hiding. Maybe having shorter PVC pipe with open both ends would help keep him from deep hiding and not eat. Here is mine when she was a female, and later when she turn male.
RedFinFairy2020020402Female.jpg
RedFinFairy2020040101M.jpg

Back