Red flatworms seem to have disappeared after fluconazole and chemiclean?

leroytigerjohnson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an 80g Seapora RR with all gulf liverock, and had a few issues I decided to treat (hair algae and some cyano). In the process, my INFESTATION of red flatworms has effectively disappeared. I don't know for sure what did it, but they are effectively gone. Anyone ever had a similar experience?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Which would be good but for the next 14 days inspect daily for any eggs which are tiny
Eggs generally unaffected by treatment and dips

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an 80g Seapora RR with all gulf liverock, and had a few issues I decided to treat (hair algae and some cyano). In the process, my INFESTATION of red flatworms has effectively disappeared. I don't know for sure what did it, but they are effectively gone. Anyone ever had a similar experience?
maybe they were eating the algae or the algae was creating habitat for their food

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe velvet nudibranchs could help, vette do you know if they eat the red flatworms?

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have very good result with a school of 7 green chromis in my 200 gal. One week after I dploy them, all the red flatworms disappear. I love to have them in my tank for pest control.

OP
OP
leroytigerjohnson

leroytigerjohnson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe velvet nudibranchs could help, vette do you know if they eat the red flatworms?
The flatworms are gone is my point. I dosed fluconazole and chemiclean. Now they are gone. Neither is suppose to do anything to flatworms that I am aware of.

CoralCandyAqua

The Candy Man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have very good result with a school of 7 green chromis in my 200 gal. One week after I dploy them, all the red flatworms disappear. I love to have them in my tank for pest control.
Interesting! Ive never heard of chromis eating such a tiny bug. Ill try that next time i see some to see if i can get the same result!

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 118 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 60 29.6%
Back