Red-head gobie...Show off your goby thread...

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Red head goby.....
DSCN0132.jpg

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mom has a cool one, unfortunately I lost mine in the move a few months back :(

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a green Mandarin for almost 7 years, that would eat frozen and almost from my fingers. I want to get a new one they are the coolest.

The E. goby is cool looking like the black and yellow combo....

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fishes everyone!

Az that is a pretty cool goby. I've always wanted one, but have been afraid that itwoild perch on my corals and irritate them. What's ur experience?

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thread! That engineer goby looks sweet!! Where did you get him? I don't remember them looking like that. Very cool.

Here's one of my newest additions

Wheelers watchman goby

watchman1.jpg

And my red head -

redhead.jpg

My red head does swim over corals and occasionally perches but usually they don't inflate. Like a big puffy acan might just a little but not completely - and is back to normal in moments. The biggest problem I have is my red head and yellow neon goby have been picking a my big green monti cap. So much that it is not very green anymore :mad:

Come on everyone lets see some more!!

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My red head does swim over corals and occasionally perches but usually they don't inflate. Like a big puffy acan might just a little but not completely - and is back to normal in moments. The biggest problem I have is my red head and yellow neon goby have been picking a my big green monti cap. So much that it is not very green anymore :mad:

Come on everyone lets see some more!!

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had no issues with my redhead, and everything I have red says that they do not nip at corals, unlike clown gobies.....I just wish mine had a brigher red head then he does.

gm333

Reef drooler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thread! That engineer goby looks sweet!! Where did you get him? I don't remember them looking like that. Very cool.
In juvenile form the are black with blue stripes running the length of the fish. They actually look alot like cleaner gobies in juvie form. He was a rescue from a tank that was being disassembled. I have always wanted an eel, but could not have one in a reef setup. This guy is about 13" long and around 6 yrs old. Only problem I have with him is his ability to move my sand bed around constantly and cover up some frags on the sand bed. Other than that he has been an excellent tank inhabitant. The only way he will eat is if fed from the end of the tube I use to feed the corals at night.

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thanks for the info! It is such a coo looking fish - will they swim out in the open much or stay partially under rocks? I am like you I would love to have an eel but my one experiance with a snowflake turned me away from them.

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE gobies, i have a bunch.

This guy has alotof character. He usually takes a protective stance over the smaller gobies in the tank. orange spotted prawn goby.

Here is my yellow watchman and orange spot, chilling in the night.

Here is my Orange Spot and Pink bar Goby snuggling as they can often be found doing at night.

This is "Flounder", my Ywg.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back