Red Macroalgea in DT - leave it.or tale it out?

MarsWulf5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is red Macroalgea bad or.good in my DT?

I cant post a pic - due to "low memory"

Its very pretty. But not sure if I should leave it or Remove it?

There is some bubble algea I want to treat with *Vibrant. Will the Vibrant kill it - if it is good?

I see this type of algea for sale online for $20. Mine came in as a hitchhiker.

Leave it in the DT or Remove it?

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post a photo ;)
or just put it in the sump if you have see it online as good one ;) But can be invasive as well.

And if you are interested in, check here ;)

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant will kill most plants. I'd remove some and put in another tank while treating for algae.
but after using it, you have to wait for a while before you put them back, and to do some water changes, because it support bacterias which eat any algae, even chaetomorpha (will be gone after many water changes actually, until no plants at all)

OP
OP
MarsWulf5

MarsWulf5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that even though it is pretty - that its gonna have to go. I have noticed it spreading and removed those. Reading online, I guess that some people just grow algea - not in a refugium - but in a DT. Not my thing - but it's a beautiful seaweed.

I just ordered a 16oz Vibrant from BRS --- ended up with a AI Refugium light too... LOL.

I am worried the Red Macro will
A) shade my mushrooms
B) Possibly clog up plumbing
C) Grow too fast and get really big
D) Have a strong feeling that it' is invasive in my DT -- since I didnt put it there.

Gonna remove it - and probably going to return anyway without the Vibrant. So, I'm happy that the Vibrant will kill it.

Gonna try to attach a pic...

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that even though it is pretty - that its gonna have to go. I have noticed it spreading and removed those. Reading online, I guess that some people just grow algea - not in a refugium - but in a DT. Not my thing - but it's a beautiful seaweed.

I just ordered a 16oz Vibrant from BRS --- ended up with a AI Refugium light too... LOL.

I am worried the Red Macro will
A) shade my mushrooms
B) Possibly clog up plumbing
C) Grow too fast and get really big
D) Have a strong feeling that it' is invasive in my DT -- since I didnt put it there.

Gonna remove it - and probably going to return anyway without the Vibrant. So, I'm happy that the Vibrant will kill it.

Gonna try to attach a pic...
just if you have any other type of macro alg, it will take it off for really long time.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.0%

Back