Red Ogo problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rjw1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tennis Ball sized - Red Ogo I received was shredded And had little bits of green hair algae and sea lettuce in it. I had expected it to be mostly a branch like in the picture but it came as a couple hundred 1 inch bits. Maybe it’s supposed to be like that and I should have done more research idk. My order was delayed by an extra week and a half and I did not find out till I contacted them about about it not shipping. Because of the delay pushed the order passed the 4th of July sale I contacted to see if I could rebook to save the 20 bucks discount since my order was not expected to ship for another 3 or so days but I never heard anything back.
The others items in my order seemed ok. It’s hard to say with pods you cant really see and purple helix that takes a few months to show results Though I assume there were no problems as I can still see bugs in my tank a week later. In retrospect for 115 bucks I feel like it would have been better to just buy a bottle of pods at my LFS and bummed some macro and Coraline scrapings locally. The packaging however was great and I even reused the insulated box and cool pack. The special Phyto jar is cool enough that I wish I could think of a reason to re-use it also. AlgaeBarns good reputation on R2R is what made me choose them and maybe that set my expectations too high. My service and product was not all bad but not all that great either.

Really nice packaging:
69A79151-D35B-455F-B234-E841406E408F.jpeg

I did not want to add this to my system so I just shoved it into a QT. I picked out most of the bits of hair algae and sea lettuce but you can see how shredded it is. Maybe this is just how it comes..
00A7A7A4-97D7-4D32-A786-9228D3BA7B14.jpeg

I expected something like this:
3C0CF0B4-4946-4B2E-992A-C2E0BAAC73A8.jpeg

Diyreef8401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same experience with red ogo. My first shipment smelled fowl and died overnight. I will say that their customer service was good, sent them a couple of pictures and they sent me another jar two days later. That jar was mostly 1 to 2 inch long pieces. Then all my snail ate it :(

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d get any sea lettuce out ASAP. It grows very fast but likes to float then dries out and dies. It it very messy and caused a lot of stability issues for me. Clogged the skimmer multiple times as well.

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try liveplants.com gulf coast ecosystem. They are excellent on shipping and you get huge amounts of the macro algae. Even get a few hitch hickers like baby brittle stars.

OP
OP
R

rjw1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try liveplants.com gulf coast ecosystem. They are excellent on shipping and you get huge amounts of the macro algae. Even get a few hitch hickers like baby brittle stars.
Yeah, the website certainly looks like a good selection of macros and other stuff. Thanks.

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the website certainly looks like a good selection of macros and other stuff. Thanks.

I have been very pleased with the orders from them. They pack well and it's always in my hands a couple days later. There's vids on utube of people unboxing their orders from them. That will give you a idea.

cd459

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just received my order this past week. First time, very good experience. Russ is nice and helpful, good portions of algae. Only con is most stuff is out of stock atm.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back