• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Red People Eater Zoa

maroma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefer's,

I'm making room on tank - First time fragging and started with my huge colony of Red People Eater what is a fair price for this?

I put 3 polyps on frags.

Thank You for your feed back is appreciated.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You should show pictures of the frags in question. Some are more colorful than others and that will help determine a price.

OP
OP
maroma

maroma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok

Picture taking on Samsung S7 under AI Light

Thanks

20200613_180159.jpg

OP
OP
maroma

maroma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for advise but i'm confused I have gone online I see them going for 13.99 a polyp also seen in some reef store for 25.00 polyp. is this how they mark up prices so much. not doing for a living just want to maybe buy thing to keep my hobby going? even if you buy out of CA you pay for coral plus like 50.00 on shipping then you end up paying way more?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for advise but i'm confused I have gone online I see them going for 13.99 a polyp also seen in some reef store for 25.00 polyp. is this how they mark up prices so much. not doing for a living just want to maybe buy thing to keep my hobby going? even if you buy out of CA you pay for coral plus like 50.00 on shipping then you end up paying way more?

Like I said earlier, some are more colorful than others.
These are what I think of as being Red People Eaters, and command the higher price.
But remember, prices are subjective. If you like the coral and the price is in your budget, then it's worth it.

OP
OP
maroma

maroma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!!!!! - Mine look like that in person is it maybe due to it just taken with phone. I was looking on amazon you can buy lenses on phone. or should I change the colors on light? to get picture like yours?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Nice!!!!! - Mine look like that in person is it maybe due to it just taken with phone. I was looking on amazon you can buy lenses on phone. or should I change the colors on light? to get picture like yours?
You should definitely do whatever you can to bring out the color.
Taking pictures these days is tough to do.
That picture I posted was taken under a 250 watt mh 20K Radium bulb, with VHO actinics.
I used probably the best point and shoot camera of it's time a Nikon 8700. No filters.

People take pictures using a high blue led setting and use filters like the Polyp Lab filters, that clip to your phone.
I use a orange one that seems to capture the color pop, but helps flush out the blue haze of leds.

The picture I took was on a frag rack right at the front of the tank and was posed for the camera using a macro setting.
Takes a little practice and I've taken dozens of pictures to get just one keeper.

OP
OP
maroma

maroma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!! Really appreciate the help and advise..... will look into this LOVE this hobby really clears my head. When done doing 8 to 5 job with all the drama comes with it. Then go home play with family helps. but sometimes you need a few hours to decompress and start all over again the next day.....

Question: Lighting - I have T5 and XR15 Gen 3 Pro's How long should T5 be keeped on for?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Question: Lighting - I have T5 and XR15 Gen 3 Pro's How long should T5 be keeped on for?

That really depends on what you consider the main source of light vs. the supplemental source.
Obviously the supplemental lights would be only a few hours a day, maybe the peak times?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back