Red Rooster Pygmy Waspfish with a Harliquin Shrimp?

Nsalter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to get a both a pair of Red Rooster Pygmy Waspfish and a harliquin shrimp, but I don't know if the fish will eat the shrimp, does anyone have any experience with keeping both or if it's even possible?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to get a both a pair of Red Rooster Pygmy Waspfish and a harliquin shrimp, but I don't know if the fish will eat the shrimp, does anyone have any experience with keeping both or if it's even possible?
I think you'll be hard pressed to find a pair of the Red Rooster Pygmy Waspfish (if you find a place to get them, there are a lot of people on the forum here who would be very interested to know where). If you are able to find them, though, I would hesitate to put them with a harlequin shrimp. If the fish can eat the shrimp, it almost certainly will. As I understand it, these fish stay small enough that you might be able to walk the line of keeping the fish small enough and the shrimp big enough to avoid predation, but it would likely be a pretty risky balancing act.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to look up how big the harliquin shrimp get, yeah they'll eventually be toast. I have a trio of the Red Rooster Pygmy Waspfish, my white faced girl is a beast and a beefy 3.5"; she would take them apart piece by piece if she couldn't get them all down in one chomp. This thread may have some interesting info for you: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/paracentropogon-zonatus-1st-impressions.699714/

OP
OP
N

Nsalter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to look up how big the harliquin shrimp get, yeah they'll eventually be toast. I have a trio of the Red Rooster Pygmy Waspfish, my white faced girl is a beast and a beefy 3.5"; she would take them apart piece by piece if she couldn't get them all down in one chomp. This thread may have some interesting info for you: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/paracentropogon-zonatus-1st-impressions.699714/
Thank you, this is definitely the information I was looking for

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back