Red Sea’s all-new ReefLED™ smart reef lighting!

Reef News

Latest Reef News
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
red.jpg

Dear Hobbyist,

Here at Red Sea, we take coral lighting needs seriously. And after years of research and testing, Red Sea is proud to release the all-new ReefLED™ smart reef lighting system. These lights have been designed to ensure optimal coral growth, dramatic coloration and a gentle shimmer throughout the aquarium.

The ReefLED lights are guaranteed to be Reef-Safe and REEF-SPEC® and with its unique daylight channels they’re also very easy to set up. The built-in wi-fi connects them directly to the internet, enabling you to control them from your smart phone using Red Sea’s ReefBeat® smart aquarium app.

Here’s a little dip into the details:

Reef-Safe and REEF-SPEC:

ReefLED provides the precise intensity and spectrum of light that are actually used by corals.
  • The single compact L.E.D. array includes a multi-wavelength “REEF-SPEC Blue” channel (a proprietary blend of blue, violet and ultraviolet LEDs) which together with an 8,000K White channel provides a reef-safe range of color temperatures that enable all corals to flourish.
  • ReefLED also includes an optical-glass, hollow lens that ensures a homogenous light spectrum with ideal PAR values throughout the aquarium, without hotspots or areas with insufficient light for coral growth.
Easy set-up and control:

The ReefBeat app provides a number of preset lighting programs you can choose from as well as additional features including sunrise/sunset effects, lunar cycle moonlights, random clouds and an acclimation program for new installations. ReefBeat also provides best-practice guidelines during setup as well useful notifications to your smartphone, for example, in the event of a power outage.

Two models to choose from:
  • The ReefLED 90 includes 80W of REEF-SPEC Blue, 10W of 8,000 Kelvin White & 3W of dedicated moonlight and is suitable for aquariums of up to 65cm depth.
  • The ReefLED 50 includes 40W of REEF-SPEC Blue, 10W of 8,000 Kelvin White & 3W of dedicated moonlight and is suitable for aquariums of up to 50cm depth.
The ReefLED 90 will be launched at the beginning of May and the ReefLED 50 will follow soon after.

To get the full specs, visit our ReefLED product page and see our product video that features corals after 2 years under the ReefLED 90 lights.

Happy Reefkeeping,
The Red Sea Team

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats RedSea and congrats to the hobby on another great lighting option!

AquaART

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprisingly, this is my first time hearing bout this, but finally a new heavy hitter enters the market! Does anyone know if the unit is actually manufactured by RedSea or does it come from the EcoTech team?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pretty awesome how the arms will fold the light up for easy maintenance!

mounting-options-Desktop-1.png

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now they just need to get into the controller mix. Would love to see Red Sea put out a competitive controller. They are almost there with a full package.

If these lights would have come out sooner I would have started with these over Radion. But alas too soon to upgrade when the tank isn't even wet yet. :p

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would guess that it is the control portion for their powerhead devices that will also be coming out.
First I have heard of it--- should be interesting! Red Sea has done a remarkable job in terms of plug and play--- I am running the Hydras myself and i look forward to seeing members results with these lights. I may even consider them depending on price point.

redseasteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprisingly, this is my first time hearing bout this, but finally a new heavy hitter enters the market! Does anyone know if the unit is actually manufactured by RedSea or does it come from the EcoTech team?
News was only released a few hours ago. These units are designed and built solely by Red Sea, based on several years of research into the needs of corals within aquaria. For more info www.redseafish.com

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USA $349 and Mounting Arms $65
Nat bad. If it performs like the kessils, its a good deal by not having to buy controllers or wifi adapters that may never come out. Can't wait for BRS investigates! I'll definitely be considering these when I swap out my problematic light. I'd be happy to test and review for R2R! ;Shamefullyembarrased@Bulk Reef Supply ?

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%

Back