Red Sea 300xl…Trigger 26 sump + Clarisea 3000

Steve089

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all, so got my first non aio reef tank anduring black friday, got a clarisea 3000 but didnt realize it doesnt integrate well into the trigger sump. Instead of paying $60 in return shipping for the sump, thinking about still using it but putting the clarisea 3000 into chamber 2 of the sump, which would normally be the skimmer section…would then put skimmer in part 3, where refugium would be.

do you all think this could work with some plumbing modifications? is this a dumb idea? seems pretty straightforward to hook the red sea drain line to the clarisea which now has the 32mm adapter.

I like the look of the trigger sump a lot more than the standard red sea sump that came with the reefer (which i would have to mod to accommodate the clarisea).

What I would lose out on is the ability to run a proper refugium, but that’s OK since I think between the fleece and skimmer, nutrient export wont be too much of an issue. in fact i struggle with too clean of tanks right now in my AIO. will stock this reefer 300xl with mostly nano fish and softies/lps.

thoughts?
B19FBEB4-CE1D-4E09-89F4-3BEABAFE3372.jpeg
49923819-37B1-437D-BAC2-DE0679AABE16.jpeg

KG Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I am a few weeks behind but I was looking for a previous thread where somebody did the exact same as you are describing. I have a trigger 34 and am about to do the exact. I was looking for their write up on it. He basically hung it over the inside edge of where the filter socks go but the main body was in the skimmer section and then ran his main drain plumbed to the filter roller and left the emergency drain in to the sock area with no to little flow. If you have not done it already and I find that post I will link it back here.

KG Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the one I was talking about. It is a 5000 in a Trigger 34. Depending on the width the 3000 may fit the same way.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back