OP
OP
ImaFlippinDolphin

ImaFlippinDolphin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ripped up my carpet and laminate floors, got an electrician coming in tomorrow to run a couple 20 amp circuits with gfci, and picked up another M2 that I'll use for dual returns. Tile should be getting put in within a couple weeks and then on to tank!! Slowly coming together

OP
OP
ImaFlippinDolphin

ImaFlippinDolphin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ffffiiinnnnaaalllllllyy....anyway, yeah about time my floors in, just gotta finish up quarter round and point work on the grout. Then tank!!!! Oh and definitely painting beforehand lol

20201008_154330.jpg

OP
OP
ImaFlippinDolphin

ImaFlippinDolphin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my initial planning for a fish room was in a bathroom behind the tank wall, was going to put water station and essentially all controls for electronics on the wall in said bathroom (the builder created a full bath with no tub but instead 1 lowly outlet where you'd rest your left foot at) but after over analyzing endlessly I think I will put my water change station in my garage as my entire garage has about a 4" riser/backsplash around the whole perimeter. In case of catastrophe. Water in my RODI and saltwater tanks can be heated in winter as it does get cold in there, but not having both a flood and a mold outbreak is pretty appealing. I obtained an adaptive reef cabinet to house the odds and ends and now just consider converting that 1/2 bath to full!! Win/win i suppose. In the grand scheme its only a 8' difference in head pressure if I automated water changes.
Painting is still only almost done, unfortunately as always work is getting in the way of stuff I want to do. Yes. I realize I have officially crossed over the hill that I'd rather be home painting than anything...I like the view from up here

OP
OP
ImaFlippinDolphin

ImaFlippinDolphin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I should shift the tank to the left, while having 21" on both sides to the wall and opening satisfies my OCD the right side is a bit tight for a big guy gawking is...snug. I almost want to center it on the entire wall space? Thoughts?

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think I should shift the tank to the left, while having 21" on both sides to the wall and opening satisfies my OCD the right side is a bit tight for a big guy gawking is...snug. I almost want to center it on the entire wall space? Thoughts?
I think room is more important hahah but that feeling would drive me nuts lol

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Working out the aquascape and need to pick up something to bond these boulders together
I just recently built all of mine. Used super glue to get it set and then came back with
E-Marco mortar to make it solid. Little tricky to work with but not bad. I also drilled a few pieces and put in 1/2” acrylic rods for cantilevers/shelves. Worked great. Just make it modular if building outside of the tank which is what I did.

OP
OP
ImaFlippinDolphin

ImaFlippinDolphin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently built all of mine. Used super glue to get it set and then came back with
E-Marco mortar to make it solid. Little tricky to work with but not bad. I also drilled a few pieces and put in 1/2” acrylic rods for cantilevers/shelves. Worked great. Just make it modular if building outside of the tank which is what I did.

Its cured rock...already wet..thought about dry rock vs tbs or kp aquatics vs cured man-made. Opted cured. Having said that I need to try and use something that can be fashioned underwater

OP
OP
ImaFlippinDolphin

ImaFlippinDolphin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of just gluing the original versions...I endlessly shifted, removed, added, took away, and simply fussed away at the rocks. Overthought it time and time again, unfortunately the midnight oil burning resulted in scratched glass ugh!! And to top it off, I still gotta glue it lol...im bummed I scratched the glass really knocked me down a peg or 3. At any rate here's wheres it, there's a few scape features that require bonding but complete! (Obligatory blue picture included)

20201113_205823.jpg 20201113_205656.jpg

OP
OP
ImaFlippinDolphin

ImaFlippinDolphin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty satisfied with this rockwork layout pending the gluing still as the days keep seeming to get away from me and 2020's days are getting away from dog years days, back to lightspeed apparently. Hope to start adding life this week!!

Attachments

• 20201114_102811.mp4
    83 MB

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Follow along. I have had my RS 900 up and running for a few months and noticed your build thread. Did you use the secondary sump/sump extension?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back