red Sea 3XL G1 - did it have silicone issues??

azzajk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I am brand new to this forum so thankyou for taking the time to read my thread.

So I've recently paid the deposit for a second hand Red Sea XXXL 900L tank that is 18 months old. It was purchased in the second half of 2021. I have been eve so excited planning this dream tank of mine.. however my bubble was burst when someone told me that these tanks had a significant silicone issue.

I have tried researching extensively about this and found alot of info regarding the 750L, and alot of the data appears to be for a timeframe a few years prior.

Therefore my simple question is - Was the red sea XXXL 900L G1 affected by this same silicone issue that affected the XXL 750L? And if so... Was there a year or timeframe from when this was rectified?

This news will either make my day or put me in a train of panic.

Thanks so much in advance

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All large rimless aquariums have higher chance of failure, these Red Sea tanks seem to have an even higher failure rate. Buying second hand and that old would be a no from me.

However, some people do not have issues. What stand does this come with? Verify that this stand has the upgrade or if it needs it. If it was running without the upgraded stand I would not run it. Not sure if the 900 needed the upgrade

Coinzmans Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of a second RED SEA but unless its Euro braced I am not touching it. Red Sea sent out offers for the 3xl 900 @ $1500 off but I just cant bring myself to do it. If I do get a new Red Sea it will be the 850 or 1000 Euro braced with aluminum stand.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Posted today

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back