Red Sea 50 LED High Pitch Noise

HumbleMarineLord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I’m new to reefing so go easy on me. Long story short, the light is making a high pitch almost squealing noise. I called into Red Sea customer support to see if they can help. They sent me a replacement lamp that I installed yesterday. It seemed as if the problem was resolved but after waking up this morning I noticed the noise was back. Same. Exact. Noise. Does someone have any insight to this problem?

I have turned off the pump and protein skimmer to rule both of those out.

jcsprofile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lights make the same noise... I just assume it the computer inside the light making the noise :(

aleebow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my reef led 50 is also making this high pitch frequency noise. It is hard to describe but my wife and i both notice it. My reef Led 90's do not make this noise.

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any follow up to this?
I've noticed mine does the same, its not the fan as it does it even at 1% when the fan is completely off. It's quite annoying.

Last edited:

mightymexican

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently cranked up a Reefled50 (bought used) on my WB Mini 25 and the coil whine coming from the fixture is terrible. Has RedSea offered any solution to this?

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently cranked up a Reefled50 (bought used) on my WB Mini 25 and the coil whine coming from the fixture is terrible. Has RedSea offered any solution to this?
I reached out to their support, they had me send a video.
They were willing to replace it but said that it is somewhat normal so I just kept it.
I will say that it does quiet down a bit after a few weeks. Originally I could hear it from about 10 ft away. Now I have to be within 12 to 18 in to actually hear it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back