Red Sea A&B left out overnight

Mustangtodd97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the bottles it says to refrigerate after opening. I accidentally left mine out for approx. 20 hours in about 69 degrees. Are these still ok to use? Anyone else done this?

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started using reef energy this week and didn't even realize it needed refrigerated. I looked at their site and it states you can put a couple days worth in a dosing container. So I'm sure you are fine. It is probably like macro and micro ferts for freshwater and it will mold up if left out. I'm going to have to put mine in the fridge when I get home

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the bottles it says to refrigerate after opening. I accidentally left mine out for approx. 20 hours in about 69 degrees. Are these still ok to use? Anyone else done this?
Have not done that one, yet. :)

(lol)
Do they have a stench from sitting out?

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be fine. I remember reading something by one of the Red Sea representatives who said refrigeration was only necessary to decrease harmless mold/biofilm growth.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be fine. I remember reading something by one of the Red Sea representatives who said refrigeration was only necessary to decrease harmless mold/biofilm growth.

Yeah it's probably like macro and micro ferts for freshwater tanks they will mold up if left out too long. I keep my Red Sea energy in the fridge right next to them

Erwan E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG....I never read the back about refrigeration!! I have been using the same ABC bottles for a year without refrigeration!!!
I use the bottles twice a week and all the parameters are right on par.
Now I am confused.
Please help

Reef GE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just left my AB bottles out in the car all night in August heat. Then in a car for a couple hours this morning until I realized it. They were opened and about 75% full. Is this something I can still use? Will they pollute my tank or be ineffective now?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 115 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back