Red Sea cabinet screws spinning in place, anyone else have this problem?

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my new Red Sea 170 tank. As I’m putting in the screws into the housing within the panel, the whole housing spins so I can’t screw in the screw all the way. Has anyone else with a Red Sea tank have this problem?
Here’s some pics of the the pics inside the panel hat spins when trying to put in the screw.
I have had to use a flat screwdriver to jam it on top of the housing to keep it from spinning.

CA68FA42-3373-488A-A67F-0268E54E4603.jpeg 8D1287B2-FED7-41BD-BC2E-AFDDC2D81390.jpeg

OP
OP
Leon Gorani

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess would be you over tightened the screw and broke the anchor loose.
It was loose before I even tightened it into the socket. just seems really weird how Red Sea would let something like this slide when it could cause a problem when putting together. I’m curious if anyone else had the same problem or not.

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These kit stands are rubbish. They need to be prefabricated, made from aluminum and crated.

OP
OP
Leon Gorani

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These kit stands are rubbish. They need to be prefabricated, made from aluminum and crated.
that's what I was thinking, yeah or at least use higher quality connections instead of those cheap ikea like fasteners lol you'd think for $1,200+ they would at least make something more solid. just my two cents lol

Back