Red Sea E-170 vs Fiji Cube 38 Peninsula ?

Cheeze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! After a 12 year hiatus, I have the itch to get back into this rewarding hobby. With all the reading and research to jog my memory, I see sooo much has changed since I've taken down my old reef tank! A bit intimidating, but I'm hoping the basics are like riding a bike...and I know I'll be leveraging this wonderful forum!!!

My question: I'm looking for an AIO in the 35-45 gallon range to build a reef system and given the space limitations in my (not-so-big) apartment, am leaning towards either the Red Sea E-170 or the Fiji Cube 38 Peninsula. Two very different tanks, I know. I'm weighing the pros and cons for myself, but also wanted to see if anyone has had any positive or negative experiences with the Fiji?

The Fiji for me is the best footprint for my apartment, and the location I would have it in would provide an amazing viewing experience. But I do like the practicality of the RS, quality lighting & equipment, and option for a sump to install an ATO or better skimmer (which I don't believe the Fiji could accommodate?).

Once my decision is made (with your help) and purchase complete, I'll start my Build thread and do a more formal introduction!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back