Red Sea E MAX 260 MSK 900 Skimmer pump replacement

Helms Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my tank up for a few months. The AC skimmer motor is too loud I need to turn it off while at home.12dB difference on vs off. Is there another pump (Hopefully DC) that could be a drop in replacement? I tore the motor apart, there is wiggle room for the propeller. I reinstalled and its still loud as heck. Anyone else have success with a DC replacement?

OP
OP
H

Helms Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my tank up for a few months. The AC skimmer motor is too loud I need to turn it off while at home.12dB difference on vs off. Is there another pump (Hopefully DC) that could be a drop in replacement? I tore the motor apart, there is wiggle room for the propeller. I reinstalled and its still loud as heck. Anyone else have success with a DC replacement?

This looks VERY promising. Does anyone have one of these CADLights PLS-50 Elite II?

OP
OP
H

Helms Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case anyone else searches for this subject, I decided to get a tunze 9400 DC skimmer.

zafink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Helms Reef , curious if you have been satisfied with the tune dc skimmer, and if it fits in your AIO sump, or if you are running it in the optional in cabinet sump?

Thanks!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 120 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 61 29.8%
Back