Red Sea lifer Deluxe lights

Mhuq1197

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old Red Sea 250 had a canopy/lid with light built in; however the new Red Sea Reefers come with these lights that are mouthed (with an arm) above the aquarium. My question is - if I place a reefer in my living room, will the light pollution/glare bother me when I am seating down in sofa or the lights are concentrated downward enough that no bother? Before I invest, would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks!!

M4sonic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue with my tank (Ai prime 16hd) there are lots of 3d printed lightshades for led lights. Just Google "red sea reefled lightshade"

OP
OP
M

Mhuq1197

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the Shade completely solve your issue? Do you use a aftermarket cover to manage evaporation inside the room? Thx!

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will definitely blind you if you are sitting @ sofa height and look towards the light.
I had two Radion XR15s with the RMS arms mounted to a Cadlights Artisian 70 which is very similar to the Reefer 250 and I had to use homemade cardboard cutouts before they came out with their diffusers.
I actually think that I damaged my retinas from looking into the lights one to many times before the diffusers.

OP
OP
M

Mhuq1197

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! Hope you’re ok! I am very concerned about the light pollution.

TheBear78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old Red Sea 250 had a canopy/lid with light built in; however the new Red Sea Reefers come with these lights that are mouthed (with an arm) above the aquarium. My question is - if I place a reefer in my living room, will the light pollution/glare bother me when I am seating down in sofa or the lights are concentrated downward enough that no bother? Before I invest, would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks!!
I have two Red Sea ReefLED 90's above my RSR 425xl. They are mounted on the official RS arms and I have a sofa right alongside.
There is a slight glow from the lights that spills onto the end of the sofa and if I look directly at the light I can see the illuminated lens. However, I cannot see the actual LED chips so it isn't remotely bright and nor does the light spill affect anything.

OP
OP
M

Mhuq1197

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Do you use a after market lid? I am concerned about the humidity in the room because I leave in Florida. Thx!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 100 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back