!!!RED SEA MAX 250 OWNERS DELTEC SKIMMER UPGRADE OPTION!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Red Sea max systems are fast becoming one of the most popular all in one reef systems available and with good reason.

These self contained systems are the epitome of sleek and efficient design. Primarily the sumpless systems.

Red Sea has made owning a thriving reef easy as ever and that's encouraging more and more people to get in the hobby which is a great thing. A really great thing. And as these reefers grow and learn, and become more comfortable with certain types of coral they may find themselves wishing that they had some options when it came to filtration.

Now don't get me wrong. I've ran a little Red Sea Prism on small QT tanks and other little project tanks over the years, and I still have it if fact. And for most instances the integrated skimmer that comes with the max system is sufficient for sure.

But for those of you looking to upgrade to something better, there is a great option for you, and that is the Deltec MC500 internal. Now this is actually something I was totally unaware of until I had a couple customers who owned Red Sea systems ask me about it.

Now if I've learned anything since I've started selling Deltec's, it's that people can be very particular when it comes to their skimmers. I really don't want the trolls screaming at me as they do, "how daring" me that I'd even suggest this, so hear me out. Apparently this is not a new revelation at all, in fact a quick search of Redsea Max 250 Deltec, on Youtube will bring up a bunch of videos about people doing this exact thing. From full on reviews to quick vids of the skimmer in place and in action, complete with comments. Mostly good. Turns out the MC500 is a near perfect fit if you are looking to upgrade from the stock skimmer in the max systems including the 250 that I know of for sure. It may fit in another but we'll have to get some dimensions and make sure.

So that's it. If you aren't happy with the skimmer that came with your Max 250, and are interested in upgrading, shoot me a PM and we can chat a little.

Deltec MC500 and Red Sea skimmer

MC500 in place
DSC_0045-5_zpsntc8wraf.jpg

milfymartin86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree Adam Red Sea makes great tanks but the one negative feature is definitely the skimmer!!! Sadly they have discontinued the max-c line and replaced it with the max-e line!

I have always been a vertex skimmer guy but after seeing all the great reviews think I'll try something different on the monster tank build!!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I agree Adam Red Sea makes great tanks but the one negative feature is definitely the skimmer!!! Sadly they have discontinued the max-c line and replaced it with the max-e line!

I have always been a vertex skimmer guy but after seeing all the great reviews think I'll try something different on the monster tank build!!

Hey,

Thanks a lot for the post man. Of course I'm behind the times as usual lol. However I was just checking out the new Max-E systems and it does look like the chamber is about the same size. I'd bet that the Deltec will still fit in the new line.
And, if you think you might want a Deltec at the heart of your new system, we should definitely chat. I think you'd be pretty impressed.

anyway, thanks again for the post!

Jsieger89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any clue if this would fit in re Red Sea max 130-d.... The stock slimed in your photo looked the same as my stock skimmer

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any clue if this would fit in re Red Sea max 130-d.... The stock slimed in your photo looked the same as my stock skimmer

I will find out tomorrow and get back to you for sure

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice skimmer to replace the stock skimmer.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back