Red Sea Max Nano and Neptune ATK V2

Remy_the_Knife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. New to this forum. I was wondering if anyone out there has installed the Neptune ATK v2 in a Red Sea Max Nano system. I recently changed tanks from a Coralife BioCube 16 to the Reef Max Nano (20 Gal). The mechanical reservoir ATO unit that comes with it is definitely a step up from manually adding water when I heard the BioCube sucking air, but I wanted to upgrade to an ATO unit. I spoke with someone at Bulk Reef Supply about an ATO and since I wanted to put the reservoir tank in the cabinet below the tank (and some other features), the Neptune ATK v2 seems like the way I'm going to go. I just wanted to check and see if anyone had any experience with those 2 pieces of gear and if you had any useful tips. Thanks!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In terms of overall performance, I would probably choose the Tunze ATO kit over the Neptune one (even as a Neptune owner). The sensors, overall build and reliability of the Tunze units is vastly superior.

OP
OP
Remy_the_Knife

Remy_the_Knife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In terms of overall performance, I would probably choose the Tunze ATO kit over the Neptune one (even as a Neptune owner). The sensors, overall build and reliability of the Tunze units is vastly superior.
Thanks for the input. BRS actually recommended the Osmolator Nano for my tank size. It looks like max head height is ~7 feet. I'll have to take some measurements and make the decision. its also about $100 cheaper than the Neptune as well.

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. New to this forum. I was wondering if anyone out there has installed the Neptune ATK v2 in a Red Sea Max Nano system. I recently changed tanks from a Coralife BioCube 16 to the Reef Max Nano (20 Gal). The mechanical reservoir ATO unit that comes with it is definitely a step up from manually adding water when I heard the BioCube sucking air, but I wanted to upgrade to an ATO unit. I spoke with someone at Bulk Reef Supply about an ATO and since I wanted to put the reservoir tank in the cabinet below the tank (and some other features), the Neptune ATK v2 seems like the way I'm going to go. I just wanted to check and see if anyone had any experience with those 2 pieces of gear and if you had any useful tips. Thanks!
I have and this the worst that could occur and $289 for a new EB832. Check out what happened to me in the same scenario as you here https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/a...d-a-leak-from-their-ato.908146/#post-10159182

I would strongly recommend you also purchase the leak detector to add to the FMM that comes with the ATK. Make sure you use the siphon break as well just outside the tank and you won't be able to fit the mechanical float (I wasn't with dosing bracket). I never had an issue with the ATK overflowing the tank but there is some logic you'll need to add because Apex doesn't seem to do so if you also use it with DOS for water changes... go figure

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back