i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new Crown Jewel!!
483D3D54-E712-4134-8455-C8D0B132A143.jpeg

I should probably mention the other new additions, one of which the blenny has taken a liking to, I can’t tell if that’s because of what it’s giving off or if that’s the blenny being predatory.
1. Spongoides SPS
image.jpg

Its neon green and purple under normal lighting I swear.

2. RD Joker Staghorn
image.jpg

It was between this and a regular joker Staghorn. Annoyingly, this is what the blenny keeps biting too, any ideas if Escenius lineatus eats Staghorn in the wild? It completely ignores the other SPS.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always wondered why you didn’t have a build thread. I’m an idiot lol. Following along
Somewhere in here is a link to my 4’ build thread too, that may be a bit more interesting haha.

This one has just been a fight with Cyano, Dinos, GHA and then a few deaths along the road. The hobby is a rocky road haha!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, this blenny is really getting on my bad side, I left him in the tank to see if his colours would get better and that weird white patch would vanish. Good news is the patch did vanish, bad news is he ate the polyps to my dream coral… Acropora cervicornis. Luckily he’s left the montipora spongoides alone for now, man I’m beginning to hate escenius
image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am noticing these asterina starfish in almost every picture!
Yes! They get everywhere and never stop appearing, I have no idea where they get the energy to reproduce and not run out of food sources. The harlequin shrimp may be getting dragged in - Or I could start a farm of them to help others with harlequin shrimp.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new hitchhiker! I was doing a water change and saw these, they’re beautiful even though they’re dull. Wonder what they are - Still waiting for an ID in a thread I posted a few photos in!
B667C123-EBF4-475B-A60A-25B3544797D2.jpeg
E279FC18-389C-4C44-A3A1-32B83A8F1CC1.jpeg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, this blenny is really getting on my bad side, I left him in the tank to see if his colours would get better and that weird white patch would vanish. Good news is the patch did vanish, bad news is he ate the polyps to my dream coral… Acropora cervicornis. Luckily he’s left the montipora spongoides alone for now, man I’m beginning to hate escenius
image.jpg

image.jpg
What blenny is that? So I can avoid them like the plague.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the Griessingers last night - He vanished for a couple days, I assume setting up a new home. Now just to figure out where, I also need to remember I have a small goby already as I keep going back to a White Cap Goby. Wonder how many gobies I could get if I went mainly gobies with two wrasses, maybe that’s a plan when the blenny ends up dying of old age.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t seen my Yasha goby in a bout a week - Wondering wether I should wait some more or see if I find a dead body as he is just over 2 years old and their expected life span is 2-3 years old. Usually they live for 2 years, and he wasn’t eating as much - Didn’t even come out for the last couple of feedings.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, everyone was out even the griessingeri was out. Still no sign of the yasha goby unfortunately. Not even a sign of him being dead or having jumped.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, everyone was out even the griessingeri was out. Still no sign of the yasha goby unfortunately. Not even a sign of him being dead or having jumped.
Do you have a clean up crew that is known to eat a carnivorous diet (i.e nassarius snail)?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a clean up crew that is known to eat a carnivorous diet (i.e nassarius snail)?
I have 2 nassarius snails, a conch and 4 trochus snails along with a peppermint shrimp that I don’t think I ever actually introduced into the thread oops.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He emerged!
69C6488B-CCFE-41D8-BD15-48D97A39F08A.jpeg

Also got another photo that shows the elusive but boisterous behaviours in Discordipinna (I’d love to see a filamentosa in captivity and to learn about them after owning their cousin species).
0E604D37-429E-4FAA-8390-BA9717124E3F.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back