That Random Nano!

Ryan173rd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank looks great, i just setup a used RS Max Nano and its going well with 2 percs and a PJ cardinal. Im looking to expand it soon due to your pictures lol

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank looks great, i just setup a used RS Max Nano and its going well with 2 percs and a PJ cardinal. Im looking to expand it soon due to your pictures lol
Haha, I have always wanted to expand since setting up my first Nano. Soon learnt that I don’t have the same key as what I had years ago when I was growing everything and anything in a similar sized tank. And I cant figure out what that key is… Even after years of research I still haven’t found it.

So far, lights are dimmer and PE seems to be expanding more on the acro! You can really see the fuzzy polyps coming in on it.
image.jpg

Ryan173rd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the nano size, easy to maintain and cost-effective. you just have to be more careful with selecting fish and coral. by the best of what you want and don't put anything in you don't love. not enough room

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the nano size, easy to maintain and cost-effective. you just have to be more careful with selecting fish and coral. by the best of what you want and don't put anything in you don't love. not enough room
Totally!
I did the mistake of going mushroom heavy. I still want to know how people with SPS dominant tanks have got their tanks set up so nicely and have no sign of other coral (Softies and LPS).
I’m also one of those people that will look at a fish or coral and think it looks nice then get bored of it pretty soon. I doubt this will be the case with this acro. I’m going for blue and purple acros with maybe a couple Greens, Reds and pinks dotted around.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4am over here and just woke up out of excitement. First thing I looked at was the Nano and here’s to the best polyp extension I have EVER had with SPS. Another great thing about these photos is it’s more white than blue as it’s the main room light that’s lighting the tank.
4BBD47C8-3B47-4997-AD25-F7013E50DAA1.jpeg

712750A5-1247-4239-9918-5D01636075B0.jpeg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4am over here and just woke up out of excitement. First thing I looked at was the Nano and here’s to the best polyp extension I have EVER had with SPS. Another great thing about these photos is it’s more white than blue as it’s the main room light that’s lighting the tank.
4BBD47C8-3B47-4997-AD25-F7013E50DAA1.jpeg

712750A5-1247-4239-9918-5D01636075B0.jpeg
That acro is stunning! Those purple tips are wild.

I really like the life in your rocks, they look so biodiverse. I’m too die for rocks that have all the colors on them: greens, purples, reds and even yellows from sponges.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That acro is stunning! Those purple tips are wild.

I really like the life in your rocks, they look so biodiverse. I’m too die for rocks that have all the colors on them: greens, purples, reds and even yellows from sponges.
Yes! I love seeing how rocks have everything and anything on them. Some of these are 1 year old and others are Atleast 5 years old rocks that came from my 4’ tank.

This acro better grow, I think I’m only going to have a 2 strike warning with the blenny as the purple polyps on the seriatopora are also beautiful but man the acro is a stunner haha and for a £5/$6.27 frag (2 for 10)!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PE this purple serial plots has is beautiful. Absolutely loving the blues (I think I put the wrong side towards the front as the other side appears to have almost all blue polyps and the side pointing the front has some beautiful cream polyps).
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doesnt that look like a stylo / milka?
And how long are you waiting for PE now?
That was my thoughts too, I think I mixed seriatopora, and Stylophora/Milkas with eachother.
As for the PE, it’s been 2 full days in the tank and tonight they’ll have been in there for 3 nights.
image.jpg
image.jpg

My lights hate blue coral in photos apparently

Definitely a Stylo/Milka- Mixed the two up as I normally do. Don’t know why I have Seriatopora stuck in my head.
The Stylo has all its polyps out (Maybe 1-2 retracted) however most of the polyps on one side are a cream colour but not bright white. Whereas on the other side most if not all the polyps are a beautiful blue.

Last edited:

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i understand.. because.. when I add a milka (which is a pretty easy sps) the polyps extend immediately.
thats why I am not sure why yours is struggling for almost 3 days now.

How much PAR do you have? Or whats lights? otherwise the acro might lose its coloration sooner then later.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i understand.. because.. when I add a milka (which is a pretty easy sps) the polyps extend immediately.
thats why I am not sure why yours is struggling for almost 3 days now.

How much PAR do you have? Or whats lights? otherwise the acro might lose its coloration sooner then later.
It’s a Red Sea 50
PE has been great… I just saw why some polyps are retracted on both SPS though, the polyps we’re doing great and we’re out then the blenny decided to sit on the stylo.
But also in the LFS, the stylo’s colour was heavy blue on one side then a strange whiteish colour. They had some nice and healthy stylo’s right next to it so ai figured it was just unusual colouration.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a while of trying to get the scientific name of the Acropora we found it!
Acropora yongei- the Most commonly sold Name of this is the “Green Slimer” I have what is assumed to be the “Blue/Purple Slimer”.
Here’s a photo I found that looks identical to the acro I have
971183F2-EFE7-4E9C-829E-D3910F9A7517.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna fit a few butterflies in that tank? Haha
If I could find one and didn’t have a CBB I very much would haha.
For now it’s a grow out for wrasses, I was so tempted to grab a tang and put it in there temporarily to wind up the tang police at one point haha.
Obviously that was when I was getting sick of battling Cyano.

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a Red Sea 50
PE has been great… I just saw why some polyps are retracted on both SPS though, the polyps we’re doing great and we’re out then the blenny decided to sit on the stylo.
But also in the LFS, the stylo’s colour was heavy blue on one side then a strange whiteish colour. They had some nice and healthy stylo’s right next to it so ai figured it was just unusual colouration.
Ok, i am curious to see the acro in a few weeks :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back