OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank? Why do you think you have cyano?
I think it’s nutrients, It’s 1 year in March so I’d say 7 months old now. I added the mushrooms for both natural look and also to help with cyano, I think it may have been lighting that also caused it to grow.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown goby and lineatus Blenny is my favourite pairing I’ve got in the house now, here’s why:
468D3D6A-05B7-4236-8B4E-FCD27FFFE743.jpeg

They’re so close in colours and personality except two separate families, my favourite fish in my house are my tilefish, the goby and the Blenny.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown goby and lineatus Blenny is my favourite pairing I’ve got in the house now, here’s why:
468D3D6A-05B7-4236-8B4E-FCD27FFFE743.jpeg

They’re so close in colours and personality except two separate families, my favourite fish in my house are my tilefish, the goby and the Blenny.
That’s so funny! I was just thinking of getting a clown goby last night. I really like them because they perch a lot.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s so funny! I was just thinking of getting a clown goby last night. I really like them because they perch a lot.
In your tank you could have like 5 haha, I would love to see it happen though! For sure are some characters. My favourite is the black clown but the yellows stand out more in FOWLR tanks whereas black stands out more around bright coloured coral (My main reason to why I want one or two darker coral colours).

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the CBB did it’s job well!! Now the rocks I wanted are back in the tank, I took some dead coral, snail/hermit shells and a rock I found in the nano to try add to that “Rubble pile” idea, here’s how it turned out
18AC22CD-96A0-44FB-BDA4-830AF9F7245E.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

It wasn’t easy working with two rocks and then so little “rubble”
Once the two wrasse are out of the tank because it’s been doing rather well with 6 fish I’m debating on adding one longfin clownfish and a Yellow head jawfish (I have had several jawfish, two reds and a yellow head in the past unfortunately they all found a gap in the netting and escaped during feeding time) here’s a photo of my old yellow head, he was in with the yasha I have today and a possum wrasse that died due to an urchin.
ACA6FD44-0086-4FFC-A41B-0B4828135637.jpeg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the cowfish idea! That would definitely be a centerpiece!

That little cave is so cute. A pistol shrimp would rearrange the rubble for you. :D

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the cowfish idea! That would definitely be a centerpiece!

That little cave is so cute. A pistol shrimp would rearrange the rubble for you. :D
Haha, yeah it would so I may go for a different shrimp instead (I’ve had my eye on the scizzortail anemone shrimp). I’d love more inverts in my tank though, just not a clue how many is too many.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, yeah it would so I may go for a different shrimp instead (I’ve had my eye on the scizzortail anemone shrimp). I’d love more inverts in my tank though, just not a clue how many is too many.
What kind of inverts would you like? I’ve never heard of a “limit” on inverts before.

Here’s a list of my favorites I’ve ever had:

Urchins (black spines don’t mess up corals/rocks in my experience. The pincushions are a nightmare.
Halloween hermit
Electric blue hermit
Brittle starfish
Skunk cleaner shrimp.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of inverts would you like? I’ve never heard of a “limit” on inverts before.

Here’s a list of my favorites I’ve ever had:

Urchins (black spines don’t mess up corals/rocks in my experience. The pincushions are a nightmare.
Halloween hermit
Electric blue hermit
Brittle starfish
Skunk cleaner shrimp.
I’d love a starfish but not sure what species yet, I’d want more than just two shrimp (I would love more anemone shrimp but I don’t know how well they get along), I’d love an urchin - I have two pincushions in the 4’ and one of them was the devil and ate my possum. Other inverts I’m unsure on yet but I would love some ideas on ones that would just completely vanish in a 4’ display!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After juggling around the idea of a new invert for a week, I pulled the trigger and got a pom-pom crab, the Scissor tail shrimp was tiny and I think they deserve a 5g pico, I may go for one eventually but I’m still thinking about it, I can’t wait to see how my Pom-pom grows!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww. Do you still keep your tank on whites dominant?
Yeah, I do and it’s working quite well, I’ve also been reading around and supposedly the Cerith snails eat cyano so I think I’ll try one or two of them next. I think I’ll keep my lights on whites dominant for the rest of its life since it’s going so well.
My LFS has a bunch of plume rocks and the temptation for one is getting to me, I don’t know which tank it would go in though (My CBB & wrasse I don’t think would go after the worms because the LFS has a bunch of rocks in with wrasse and they don’t touch it but they also have cocoa worms in with their CBB and it doesn’t touch them).

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I do and it’s working quite well, I’ve also been reading around and supposedly the Cerith snails eat cyano so I think I’ll try one or two of them next. I think I’ll keep my lights on whites dominant for the rest of its life since it’s going so well.
My LFS has a bunch of plume rocks and the temptation for one is getting to me, I don’t know which tank it would go in though (My CBB & wrasse I don’t think would go after the worms because the LFS has a bunch of rocks in with wrasse and they don’t touch it but they also have cocoa worms in with their CBB and it doesn’t touch them).
I’m a little confused.

You want to buy a plume rock (what is that)?

Apparently there are worms on the rock that you are afraid your fish will eat? Am I understanding your post correctly?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little confused.

You want to buy a plume rock (what is that)?

Apparently there are worms on the rock that you are afraid your fish will eat? Am I understanding your post correctly?
I have fish that are risky but I don’t think would eat the Christmas tree worms. The Leopard wrasse and Cryptic sixline probably wouldn’t since they’re not known to go after wanted inverts. In my 4’ tank I have a CBB and Jade wrasse, I don’t think my two would eat the worms but it’s a risk.
A plume rock is basically a piece of rock with a coral that grows on it, the worms take home in the rock and they co-exist with the coral.
B84EEC35-29C3-4D8C-9DE3-031019C2DB0D.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4' tank fts please
It’s heavy blues at the moment, I’ll grab the link to my build thread for it and pm you it. Here’s a photo of it at the moment! Love both tanks a bunch, filled with activity!!
image.jpg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Managed to pick up some true peppermint shrimp (Thank god). I kept ignoring them because I didn’t think that my LFS ever got them in but this time after mentioning the aptaisia issue they said they had got some in. I picked up two (I hope i got a male and a female) in hopes they eat the aptaisia.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Managed to pick up some true peppermint shrimp (Thank god). I kept ignoring them because I didn’t think that my LFS ever got them in but this time after mentioning the aptaisia issue they said they had got some in. I picked up two (I hope i got a male and a female) in hopes they eat the aptaisia.
Here’s a couple photos of them in the tank, and a photo of the Pom Pom crab!!
Pom Pom crab;
image.jpg

The larger one;
image.jpg

The larger one;
image.jpg

The smaller one;
image.jpg

The smaller one;
image.jpg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just great… I wake up, my naoko wakes up a few minutes later and starts nipping at the larger peppermint shrimp, I went downstairs for a bit then came back upstairs to see a shrimp curled up on the sand bed in a cave where the naoko was.
As I was typing this, I saw the god dang naoko eating the now dead larger peppermint shrimp… I hope the LFS has another pair in next week, if they don’t then I give up. First, my favourite nano wrasse got eaten by a pincushion urchin (Last year), and now my naoko is gladly eating my peppermint shrimp..
38BC0912-FCE0-4F09-910C-D043AD57A414.jpeg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back