Red Sea Max Nano Tank - Opinions or Experiences

JohnL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about getting a Red Sea Max Nano tank. Anyone have one or seen one? Thoughts and feedback appreciated.

MAX-NANO-with-RL90.jpg

MAX NANO

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm thinking about getting a Red Sea Max Nano tank. Anyone have one or seen one? Thoughts and feedback appreciated.

MAX-NANO-with-RL90.jpg

MAX NANO

John these are solid little tanks. The cabinets you have to put together but if you take your time and do it right they are very nice. What are your plans for the tank stock wise?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What did you end up with?

OP
OP
JohnL

JohnL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my Reefer 170 and I love the quality of the glass on the tanks, it’s unlike most I’ve seen before. It’s also convenient it all comes together you just have to order the equipment plug in and get started.
Stand is very well made and very sleek. More than enough to make the tank your own depending how you decide to set up but very happy with this tank!

OP
OP
JohnL

JohnL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my Reefer 170 and I love the quality of the glass on the tanks, it’s unlike most I’ve seen before. It’s also convenient it all comes together you just have to order the equipment plug in and get started.
Stand is very well made and very sleek. More than enough to make the tank your own depending how you decide to set up but very happy with this tank!
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

lelolai15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey John,

I do not blame you for wanting to go bigger. I just got back into the hobby after a 20 year break. Got myself the Max Nano and wish I got something bigger. However, a smaller tank does keep you on your toes and you have to be very selective in what fish type/coral type you really want since you don't have much space.

The AIO filtration is good but there is no media in the back. I have only had it for three months and the protein simmer is a hit or miss at times. You have to adjust the setting frequent.

Overall, quality is great, you won't be disappointed no matter the size.

OP
OP
JohnL

JohnL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey John,

I do not blame you for wanting to go bigger. I just got back into the hobby after a 20 year break. Got myself the Max Nano and wish I got something bigger. However, a smaller tank does keep you on your toes and you have to be very selective in what fish type/coral type you really want since you don't have much space.

The AIO filtration is good but there is no media in the back. I have only had it for three months and the protein simmer is a hit or miss at times. You have to adjust the setting frequent.

Overall, quality is great, you won't be disappointed no matter the size.

Are you using an auto top off system? If so, any recommendations?

lelolai15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using an auto top off system? If so, any recommendations?
I am using the ATO that comes from RedSea max nano. Works great. We keep the house at 78 degrees during the day and 70 degrees at night. With those temps. The ATO would get refilled 2 times per weeks.

JayFish4004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll add I love my Red Sea Max Nano and have zero desire to go bigger. Maintenance is a breeze and it looks gorgeous.

I use the Tunze nano ATO with a trigger systems 5gal reservoir in the bottom cabinet. That is a must - you will quickly get tired of filling the provided ATO every few days.

I also got a lid from Clearview Lids which is modular and super cool.

JayFish4004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with this one and their 5 gallon ato. I'm very pleased.

Fusion Pro 2 | 20 AIO Aquarium [Desktop]

20220413_172832.jpg
Looks great! Im a year into my first nano and I don’t see myself doing anything different. While a larger tank would be cool - I cant even imagine the costs involved and the time it must take comparatively. I also like that it limits you a bit to being more selective - my wallet likes this especially :)

OP
OP
JohnL

JohnL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Im a year into my first nano and I don’t see myself doing anything different. While a larger tank would be cool - I cant even imagine the costs involved and the time it must take comparatively. I also like that it limits you a bit to being more selective - my wallet likes this especially :)
I setup my first reef tank in 1999. It was a 140 gallon in my living room. I later added a 100 gallon sump in my basement with an additional 50 gallon refugium. It ran for about 10 years. I had about 1500 watts of lights. My electric bill for the tank alone was $350 per month.

This is my first reef tank in 15 years. I agree with you. Perfect size for a lot of reasons.

JayFish4004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I setup my first reef tank in 1999. It was a 140 gallon in my living room. I later added a 100 gallon sump in my basement with an additional 50 gallon refugium. It ran for about 10 years. I had about 1500 watts of lights. My electric bill for the tank alone was $350 per month.

This is my first reef tank in 15 years. I agree with you. Perfect size for a lot of reasons.
Wow! Thar’s quite a bill! I bet it was fun though - I often find with this hobby balance is key. If it takes too much of your free time it defeats the purpose of a hobby and becomes a job.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back