Red sea max with fuge

sagee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just given an old red sea max 130 and i was curious if anyone has seen or made the back filtration into a refugium and if so how they went about it with or without mods and all that good stuff. Thanks!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't got any experience with this, but maybe @Broadfield will know of someone who has done this.

skijumpersc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. I recently got one as well. Did you end up going with a fuge in the rear chamber? I've been trying to decide if that would be doable

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went for a sump and lower fuge on mine. I just killed off my cheato a few weeks ago so waiting for what few strands are left to grow back. The only issues I see with a fuge in the rear are 1 it's not the easiest to get back there with the hood on and 2, the glass between the front and rear is just smoked glass so any powerful light will show through (with the DT lights off I can see the tiny LED from my Neotherm heater shining through, albeit barely). You would need to add probably black acrylic (like the IM tanks) to the dividing wall to keep light bleeding through.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back