Red sea peninsula 500 - 2 newbue questions

craiguk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ordered an RS Pen 500 - been researching a lot, but two questions maybe people can help me out with 1) what automatic filter roll is best? I know I'll have to cut out the filter sick from the sump. Does the clarisea 5000 then fit, and us the plumbing difficult? Or is there a better option? 2) Red sea only seem to deliver curbside -- is it then a 4-person job to get it the 60ft into the house?

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my case, the driver moved the skid into the garage.
I'm sure that these roll feeders work but long term I have doubts. After claisea goes out of business where will you get filter material and replacement parts?

nmaragh18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ordered an RS Pen 500 - been researching a lot, but two questions maybe people can help me out with 1) what automatic filter roll is best? I know I'll have to cut out the filter sick from the sump. Does the clarisea 5000 then fit, and us the plumbing difficult? Or is there a better option? 2) Red sea only seem to deliver curbside -- is it then a 4-person job to get it the 60ft into the house?
Hello, I can only answer a little part of your 1st question regarding the filter roller. While doing my research on the automatic filter roller, it was recommended that if you are going to use a filter roller then do it before you setup the sump.
Then regarding your 2nd question. My tank was delivered by my LFS and they took apart the pallet at the store. I had only 2 guys to move the tank itself from my garage into my living room area until I built the stand, distance was definitely more than 60ft, they did use some big suction cups to help with lift and stabilize the tank. I then had 3 guys put the tank onto the stand once it was built.

Last edited:

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still setting up my RS500P...
1) There‘s a fair bit of modification to remove the filter sock baffles and pipeworks for the CLARISEA 5000 to fit. I eventually decided against it and went ahead to convert the stock ATO into ATS instead.
2) The tank itself took 4 person to carry up a flight of stairs (about 10 linear meters).

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back