Red Sea Pro Magnesium glass vial cleaning?

jtichenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This kit seems to precipitate out calcium during testing and it is adhering to the glass vial. It is next to impossible to clean this with water only. I've tried to get it out with a paper towel without much success.

The instructions do mention this will happen but don't say what to do about it. Do people clean this? If so, how?

OP
OP
jtichenor

jtichenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think it is important/crucial to testing accuracy to clean it with acid after each use?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think it is important/crucial to testing accuracy to clean it with acid after each use?
I have only cleaned it with acid after I had used it for awhile and the build up began to bug me.

I don't know if the precipitate impacts the test accuracy? I usually just rinse with RODI water, but as noted the glass starts to build up and wiping it clean doesn't work after awhile.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just rotate through all the vials I have amassed, grabbing a random one each time, at least for endpoint titration, if one looks dirty after rinsing with rodi, I just put it to the side and once I'm through with all of them I soak them for a day or two in a small bucket with RODI and citric acid, then rinse them, go through each one with a paper towel, and soak them in just rodi until I need them again.

Gets rid of all scales and most discolorations I have encountered

Back