Red sea reef dose to new wifi router

Jshep631

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive looked everywhere but ive recently installed a new router, obviously my reef dose wont connect to the new wifi since it has a different name and simply wanna reconnect the reef dose to the new wifi without deleting all my dosing schedules, yes ive seen that if you kept the wifi network the same it would automatically connect, however for other reasons i did not keep it the same.. ive looked through the manual and did not see anything to connect an existing reef dose to a new network without setting up a new doser... anybody got any ideas?

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive looked everywhere but ive recently installed a new router, obviously my reef dose wont connect to the new wifi since it has a different name and simply wanna reconnect the reef dose to the new wifi without deleting all my dosing schedules, yes ive seen that if you kept the wifi network the same it would automatically connect, however for other reasons i did not keep it the same.. ive looked through the manual and did not see anything to connect an existing reef dose to a new network without setting up a new doser... anybody got any ideas?
Ok, I just changed wifi and have 2 ReefDosers I just re-connected to the new router.

The answer to your question is yes there is a way.

Unfortunately I was only able to do it on one of my 2. The app asked if I wanted to keep the same schedule, I said yes and it did. The second one didn't ask, Not sure if I did both the same. I am sure I had to delete it from the app to and re-install it to get it to look for new wifi. The second one I had to do a new install and calibrate and set up naming heads, schedule, dose ect.

Write every thing down incase. Good luck.

OP
OP
J

Jshep631

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
problem fixed, tho i reset one of the heads but the other saved its dosing schedule, but for any who experience this issue my wifi has a normal wifi connection as well as a 5g connection, when programming to the red sea app it would have an error, turns out it was trying to connect to the 5g network. if you have a wifi system like this make sure you try both connections** only took me 6 hours to figure out so a factory reset is most likely not needed! =] i lucked out and the important heads saved =] Thanks jeff !!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back