Red Sea reef wave 45 not staying where I adjusted it

Ecotech Marine

Texasnanoreef345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This happens weekly daily just random ! It’s annoying the right side of my gyre redirects toward the ground and blows my sand all over the place how can I get it to stay put ? I thaught about a tiny amount of super glue just to tack it but there has to be something I’m doing wrong or something I could do to make sure it stayed put ? Does anyone else have this problem with Red Sea gyre pumps (reef wave) thank you ! And it’s always rotating forward

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Avast
OP
Texasnanoreef345

Texasnanoreef345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This happens weekly daily just random ! It’s annoying the right side of my gyre redirects toward the ground and blows my sand all over the place how can I get it to stay put ? I thaught about a tiny amount of super glue just to tack it but there has to be something I’m doing wrong or something I could do to make sure it stayed put ? Does anyone else have this problem with Red Sea gyre pumps (reef wave) thank you ! And it’s always rotating forward

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Just came home from work and it’s almost pumping water out of the tank ! One side complete turned 180 degrees and is now pointing at the glass !!! Does anyone have a similar problem ?

stevem650

View Badges
Reaction score
I have had the same problem. I usually find a small snail has worked its way into the cage and the prop would then cause the cage to rotate. There is a cage net that goes over it to prevent any particles/animals from getting into the gyre.

OP
Texasnanoreef345

Texasnanoreef345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have had the same problem. I usually find a small snail has worked its way into the cage and the prop would then cause the cage to rotate. There is a cage net that goes over it to prevent any particles/animals from getting into the gyre.
Mine does it everyday and I don’t have a snail small enough to get inside of it do you think that the net would hold it together anyways ? I’m scared I’m going to wake up with water shooting out of my tank I tacked it together with super glue I’m not taking any chances of that happening is mine just defective ? I’m gonna clean it this weekend but listen to this the side that adjusts itself doesent have near as a snug fit as the other side that stays put this is a 1 -2 month old pump and it shouldent be worn out but possibly need new orimgs where it seals ? I just wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem and found the fix I hope I’m not the only one in this boat .... thanks for all reaponses awesome reefers !

Do you own your DREAM CORAL?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 51 15.8%
  • NO

Votes: 262 81.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 3.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
SP