• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

RED SEA REEFER 170 and ACCESSORIES

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EVERYTHING IS SOLD.....SORRY

$795.00 1 YEAR OLD; Set up mid-January, 2020. I'm selling this system because of upgrading to a larger tank. I will need to wait until my new tank comes before taking the tank down, which should be late Feb or early March. Tank is in excellent condition. Includes sump, plumbing and booklets/instructions.

You can read about the Red Sea Reefer 170 here: Red Sea REEFER Rimless Reef Ready Systems for advanced hobbyists (redseafish.com)

OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES: All of these accessories were brand new and put in use at the same time the tank was set up (mid-Jan. 2020) except for the Light Fixture which was set up mid-June 2020. Any of these can be sold separately, but only the HOB Refugium and CaribSea Rock is ready to go now; everything else needs to wait until I get the new tank (early March). Most of the accessories were purchased at BRS so you can check prices there. (Don't forget that BRS adds tax and shipping fees).

1) Hang-on-Back Refugium LED lights. .......$150.00 See separate ad here: New Jersey - Refugiums - HOB REFUGIUM w/ LED LIGHT: AquaFuge 2 Hang-on-Back Refugium (Medium) w/ LED Light System | REEF2REEF Saltwater and Reef Aquarium Forum

2) Hamilton 24" Cebu Sun Halide/T5 Fixture: $495.00 Nice fixture! Put in use mid June 2020. M58 halide ballast (best for Radium bulbs). Has 3 power cords so lights can be put on 3 timers: Two outside T5's plus FAN; Two inner T5's; and Halide.
Includes the following bulbs: Days/hours of use calculated from mid-June 2020, when fixture was purchased new, to mid-March 2021 (when Accessories will be available).
(1) Radium 20K halide: Used for 9 mo, 4.5 hrs/day
(2) Hamilton 10K Ice White T5: NEW (not used)
(1) Hamilton 460 Blue T5: NEW (not used)
(1) ATI Aqua Special Blue T5: NEW (not used)
(1) Hamilton 460 Blue T5: Used 8.5 mo for 8 hr/day
(2) Hamilton 440 True Actinic T5: One Used for 4 mo and One used for 5 months, each for 8 hr/day
(2) ATI Blue Plus T5: Used 9 mo for 11 hrs/day
(1) ATI Coral Plus T5: Used 11 days for 8 hrs/day (Essentially New)

3) Reef Octopus Skimmer Regal 150-INT.....$375.00 (Sells new at BRS for $452.99+tax+shipping=about $508.00)

4) Reef Octopus VarioS-2 Controllable DC Pump (792 GPH) .... $145.00

5) VorTech MP 10 wQD Quiet Drive pumps. Two available: ....$195.00 each

6) CaribSea Dry Live Rock 40 lbs. Rock is ready to go now. Used for only 5 months. .... $80.00
-(Rock in photos is Live Rock, not the CaribSea Dry Rock, and is not for sale).

7) CaribSea "SHAPES" Dry Rock: 4-5 pieces (I need to look thru storage to see if there are 4 or 5 that came in box ....$80.00

8) BRS LED REFRACTOMETER. ....$34 Shipped. ($25 Local Pick-up). See ad here: (2) New Jersey - Testing - BRS LED REFRACTOMETER | REEF2REEF Saltwater and Reef Aquarium Forum

-Local Pickup Only for Tank
-Will Ship Accessories

-- "Dr. Jim" --

Tank 1 1.12.21.jpg

Tank 2 1.12.21.jpg

Tank 3 1.12.21.jpg

Tank 4 1.12.21.jpg

Tank 5 1.12.21.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested return pump
Hopefully, you read that items have to wait to be sold until after I get my new tank (early March delivery is anticipated). If I am able to sell my old tank before that time and the person buying it wants the pump I will have to let it go to that person. If not, then you will be "second in line" to decide if you want it (One other person asked before you). i will get back to you at that time to see if you are still interested.
Thank you.
Jim

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added Skimmer to list! (Edited in first post)

Reef Octopus Skimmer Regal 150-INT.....$375.00 (Sells new at BRS for $452.99+tax+shipping=about $508.00)

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Farmingdale; Rt 33 between Freehold and Neptune.

Hopefully you read that I can't sell anything until I get my new tank (early March). If you are interested, please let me know what items you want to consider. (I need to give first "choice" to whoever will take the tank and the most accessories, especially the light fixture). I would get back to you when I am notified that the new tank is being shipped (from CA) and again when I have it set up which will make the R.S. Reefer available.

Thank you for your interest.
Jim

K9Chris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. Jim. I'm interested in the RS reefer 170 and can work with your timeline. Do you currently have a wait list? Please excuse the fact that my account is new. I've been trolling FB marketplace to find used goods and only recently stumbled upon the forum. I want to set up my first reef and want to go used to start to save some money.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. Jim. I'm interested in the RS reefer 170 and can work with your timeline. Do you currently have a wait list? Please excuse the fact that my account is new. I've been trolling FB marketplace to find used goods and only recently stumbled upon the forum. I want to set up my first reef and want to go used to start to save some money.
PM'd

crazyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Farmingdale; Rt 33 between Freehold and Neptune.

Hopefully you read that I can't sell anything until I get my new tank (early March). If you are interested, please let me know what items you want to consider. (I need to give first "choice" to whoever will take the tank and the most accessories, especially the light fixture). I would get back to you when I am notified that the new tank is being shipped (from CA) and again when I have it set up which will make the R.S. Reefer available.

Thank you for your interest.
Jim
Sorry for the delay, I would potentially be interested in the tank, skimmer, and return pump if we can strike a combo deal and there was no one else interested.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay, I would potentially be interested in the tank, skimmer, and return pump if we can strike a combo deal and there was no one else interested.
I will let you, and everyone, know when I get the new tank and where everybody "stands."
Honestly, I will have to give first choice to anyone who agrees to take at least the tank AND light.

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I'd like to be put on the list for your RedSea 170 Tank/Stand/Sump. I'd also like to get the HOB refugium and light if I were able to buy the tank.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EDIT (3/2/21): I just received word that my new tank should arrive by March 12th (barring any delays).

I will sell the Red Sea Reefer 170 to whoever offers to take the most accessories along with the tank (especially the light fixture).

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.
Jim

Back