Red Sea Reefer 200 xl trying to get water level in sump dialed in

ducati1212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just setting up my new G2 Red Sea 200xl and it lets you adjust water level in the skimmer changer.

I started off with the baffle all the way down so lower water level because my skimmer was overflowing now my skimmer needs to be deeper so I moved the baffle up but then my ato kicks on . Any best practices or suggestions for adjusting skimmer water height? I guess for some reason I did not think it would trigger ato to dump water in I thought it would all even out.

That black plastic behind skimmer can raise or lower

IMG_7316.jpg

IMG_7315.jpg

IMG_7314.jpg

Jason_MrFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
raising the level in skimmer area of sump will cause it to lower in the return area and the ATO going to add RODI. Looks like your skimmer is adjustable, did you try adjusting with the valve first to increase bubble level? Sometimes it just takes a little while to get skimmer broken in and find where it likes to be ran.

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well my friend.. i am trying to dial in my water level in this tank now for 1 year.
the overflow is such a pitty and you cant seem to dial it in..

when I think i do have the perfect water level and valve setting... well.. in the night all of a sudden my ATO starts to top off and wont stop.

And I think many... MANY have the same issue wit this tank.. its just... a nightmare

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the exact same problem with my aquaforest oceanguard 275 (same size as yours basically). I am going to try a Spears gate valve per recommendation of Bulk Reef Supply. I have also had my problem for approaching a year. Have you found any solutions?

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope it works out. Aquaforest plumbing is such a nightmare, that BRS and I have not yet come up with a fix due to metric plumbing, unions, bulkheads, and how they are arranged. Hope to solve this problem one day lol.

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the aquaforest drain goes from bulkhead, directly to a union, then to gate valve. There is no pipe to work with. Looks like I will have to try a new bulkhead (imperial) if tank drilled appropriately. If not, who knows. 30 years and 12 or so tanks-never had such an issue. Not intending to hijack this thread.

Attachments

• 1687364999677.png
    1687364999677.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 49

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back