Reefer 200XL No More: Maddie's Lagoon Transformation

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still running your varioS-4 on the lowest eco mode? I’ve got the exact same tank/pump and can’t get it dialed in. The flow drops throughout the week and the water level drops in the tank.

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup still running that pump. Gave it a 9 month deep clean about 2 weeks back and barely any build up. I run it on Eco mode still anything more and it sucks the sump dry. The water level drops in the Display tank?
equipment.jpg

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup still running that pump. Gave it a 9 month deep clean about 2 weeks back and barely any build up. I run it on Eco mode still anything more and it sucks the sump dry. The water level drops in the Display tank?
equipment.jpg
Yea. The pump must start out at a certain output and then loses steam throughout the week. Very weird.

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which way is it facing? do you have a floss around it? Mine has nothing but pump and a guard. My flow was higher when I cleaned it but nothing really to factor in. I actually want less flow. My protein skimmer doesn't have enough contact time with the water to work efferently. I shoot for 5x turnover of the whole system through my sump. That is 250-450 gph range.

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to figure out Alk and Ca. I understand what does what biologically but chemically I'm at a loss. I really need someone to walk me through understand what I am doing. I see questions like "What is your consumption?" and have no clue what that means or how to get that stat. I can't keep up with dosing 2-part systems daily by hand but also don't want anything outside the AIO cabinet, which makes me learning and understanding the equipment taxing. I feel like this is my last great hurdle as a hobbyist with this tank setup.

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consumption is pretty easy to determine. Just test your system multiple days with out dosing. The amount it decreases daily is your consumption. Kamoer makes a slim dosing system (f4 pro) that can be fit inside the cabinet.

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am to be testing just the Cal and Mag? That doser looks nice. My big issue is containers that will fit.

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk, cal, mag, are the big 3. Red Sea sells small containers around 250ml that are about the smallest you’ll find. Which could be hid behind the stand. If you left about 2 inch space between the wall.

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the Kamoer X1 PRO 2 and a 1 litre of All-for-Reefs. I have used that before and enjoyed the results. Would like too see it work with a more precise schedule. If I am not satisfied or start to feel it too costly I will order another X1 Pro to link with the app.

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is good to know, I am trying to keep the setup off controllers but still state-of-the-art feel. I got some plans for next year for sure. I will be diving into monitors.

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Kamoer X1 PRO 2 came in a few days before All-for-Reef did. Packaging was awesome, everything you could need was included including lots of hose. I had about 2ft extra. There is no one or off button of any kind on the pump. There is a "sync" style button that is used to send the device into "Find me" mode. There is an LED above the button and it changes colors and blink patterns to signal different things.

All-for-Reef I already have experience with. I am curious if people who use dosing pumps with it dill a hole in the cap. If so, is there a vacuum issue inside the bottle?

Pretty simple setup for the pump, everything is through their app, and it is a GREAT app. Feels well polished and does exactly what you would want. After plugging the power into the pump and syncing my phone to the pump, I was calibrating and finishing up in under 5 minutes. (as a first timer) All-for-Reef states to start at 5ml per 100l. Easy math here, I will start at 10ml for my 200l. Now, I know I will need to go up because I recall using more than that the first time with the product. I purchased a litre of All-for-Reef so I should be set for about 100 days.
IMG_20210104_134242.jpg

Time to get out my testers and get some stats.

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the process of finishing off my fish list. Currently have

2 x Chromis viridis
1 x Gobiodon okinawae
1 x Manonichthys splendens

All of these fish are established in the tank for minimum of 2 months. The Chromis are around 6 months. I have the idea of getting more Chromis, adding 3 more. Does anyone see an issue arising from this addition?

Back