Red Sea REEFER 250 ALL Pre-Conditioned and most CAPTIVE-BRED Fish, SPS, Zoanthids. Slow Poke Reef. WE HAVE WATER!! start page 61.

SmarterReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SmarterReefs yes I have the feeder! It’s a class act I must say. Excellent craftsmanship and materials. However I would like to find a way to use it on my FT. 2-1/2” round opening
BA93AE64-CF74-4665-83A6-CEFA9CC98C52.jpeg
[/QUOTE]
Does it sit evenly over the hole? Can you please send photo how you are currently using it? If you make a drawing we can 3D print you a mount if that’s something you want. Either way happy to help.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it sit evenly over the hole? Can you please send photo how you are currently using it? If you make a drawing we can 3D print you a mount if that’s something you want. Either way happy to help.
[/QUOTE]
@SmarterReefs tank is cycling right now and won’t have livestock until 2-3 months from now. However I could ghost feed it. Not sure what you mean by sit evenly. I will post photos/drawings here. If you can 3D print a mount for me I can pay you through a PayPal invoice from you.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SmarterReefs i’m really rusty (terminology) with my geometry but the circle arc of polycarbonate around the lid hole looks a little wider than the circumference of the acrylic tube that the white silicone cooler sits in. If that’s what you mean by, “sit evenly over the hole.”

SmarterReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SmarterReefs i’m really rusty (terminology) with my geometry but the circle arc of polycarbonate around the lid hole looks a little wider than the circumference of the acrylic tube that the white silicone cooler sits in. If that’s what you mean by, “sit evenly over the hole.”
Can you take a photo of it sitting over the hole and I can try to figure out a plan for you. Setup looks nice!

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you take a photo of it sitting over the hole and I can try to figure out a plan for you. Setup looks nice!
@SmarterReefs I will take a photo top down when I get back into town from my trip. I’ll post it on the 4th at the earliest.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt Coddington, @cromag27 , is doing some custom acrylic fabrication for me. Specifically a clear acrylic box to mount on a controller board to enclose two Apex COR-15 pump module controllers and a panel with three toggle switches. (See photo 1) He's working on it now and will have a drawing once he has it built.

Photo 1
COR box 1.jpg

He's putting an acrylic key lock (green) to prevent tampering with pump controls and toggle switches. The box also will have hinges (blue) so when unlocked the door on the front can be lifted up to access buttons and switches. (See Photo 2)

Photo 2
COR box 2.jpg

There will be be a space (red shading in photo 2) in the bottom part of the back pane of the box so that the switch holder and oval grommet can come into direct contact with the controller board and access the back of the board through the oval cord holes.

Photo 3 shows how the Apex pump modules are secured to the board with their mounting tabs.

Photo 3
COR box 3.jpg

Photo 4 shows where the screw holes go through the modules mounting tabs then through the acrylic box back pane and into the board. Thus allowing the screws to support the box. The front door can be lifted to allow the modules to be accessed, removed, or replaced while unlocked. While locked, the door prevents little fingers from tampering with output settings.

Photo 4
COR box 4.jpg

Photos 5 & 6 shows approximate overall box dimensions: 10”W x 10”H x 3”D. The height from top to bottom of the space (not shown in photos) in the bottom part of the acrylic box back pane is approximately 3.5”. Photo 7 shows the acrylic lock. No worry of rust in humid environments. He's including an extra key.

Photos 5 & 6
COR box 5.jpg

COR box 6.jpg

Photo 7
COR box lock.jpg

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Submerged in the UT a media bag of Marine Pure biospheres. BP: CO2 scrubber skimmate collection container. Emergency for a Recirculating co2 reactor setup. In case the skimmer cc overflows. The skimmate will collect here instead of the reactor where the media is kept. It is said getting the media wet could hurt the livestock. However it’s optimal for moist air to enter the reactor.
D77873FD-7495-411D-8E52-CE837058AEDE.jpeg

3E5820F1-F6E9-45CC-A0B5-3741FD9CE56C.jpeg

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received the COR security box. It came broken in the shipping box. Made of flimsy thickness. Contacted Matt of Octo Aquatics the maker and he's making me a thicker new one along with a skimmer stand that covers the entire skimmer chamber. Adjustable from 1"- 3.5" in height. I believe I have everything I need to get the UT going. Will be able to add livestock in about a month and a half.
broke COR box.jpg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back