Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4450.jpg

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much but enough. It started getting coralline in the seam I think. It never leaked. I just figured I had better contact RS. They offered a new one so I took it. I think the actual seal was intact. It just got in the guard.
IMG_2555 (2).JPG
I have same tank, purchased August 2020 for new house and serial close and my seams look like yours did and they will not replace so they are not replacing so easy anymore. I am disappointed in the ragged edges of the seams but the actual seal is good like your old tank. I only used Tunze magnet and stay away from seam. I can't believe they replaced yours, I would prefer the armored seams.

Last edited:

TinyReef522

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Aquarium Controller board Mounting System from Marine Depot. Kind of expensive for what it is. DIY option would of been a lot less money but it is nice. I do wish it was about a half inch wider. It was hard to stuff all the wires inside when closing it up. I cut a slot out of the side and added a rack mounted American DJ lighted, switched power strip. I found that at Guitar Center. Routed the cables on the bottom side of the cabinet with Kwik clips. Going to need another power strip and will mount that above the board. Birds nest gone!

Switch box.jpg cabnet switchs.jpg Birds nest.jpg
How did you cut it out to fit the switched power strip?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back