OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed Nitrobacter 7 and added 6 Hermits after 4 days and the 2 Clowns after 6 days. They did good and are doing great now. I think there are only 4 Hermits now. They keep killing snails and moving in to there shells . Oh well. A week after that I added 4 Emerald Crabs and 4 Astrea snails. The Nitrogen cycle took a little over three weeks.

Some people wont cycle with fish. I always have. They stayed happy and ate well. Bacteria in a bottle helps.

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a Red Monti cap.

Had a heck of a time gluing it down. Finally in the right spot.

20210114_155452.jpg 20210114_155506.jpg

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cat Fish Chrissy loves her Reef tank. She thinks she is going to get one. The fish don't even pay attention to her any more as she pounces at them.

Cat fish.jpg
@Jeffcb lol. Has she jumped on the lid yet? What can someone do to keep cats from jumping up there?

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I don't know if she is smart or not smart but the fish know she cant get them. They don't even pay attention to her anymore.
@Jeffcb lol when I do chore here on the ranch one of my cats (the ranch cat) is always jumping up on to fence posts to get eye-level to me for affection. Although he is strictly an outdoor cat since he is a white long-hairy cat and gets his hair all over the house especially on the furniture, but occasionally sneaks in the house and probably won’t hesitate to jump on top of the tank. I just need to keep him out of the house and hopefully if he sneaks in, jumps on the tank, he won’t wreck the screen top.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Moved a couple of Shrooms to the 900. Need to get this tank growing again. With so much attention on the 900 its going down hill a bit.

2500418.jpg
@Jeffcb I only see one clown in the photo, any other fish? How about a fish list for this tank and the 900?

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jeffcb I only see one clown in the photo, any other fish? How about a fish list for this tank and the 900?
In the 250 I have....
Flameback angel
2 Ocellaris Clowns
Six Line wrasse
Tri Colored Wrasse
Diamond Goby
Canary Blenny
Cleaner Shrimp, 3 Hermits and a couple of Emeralds.

In the 900...
5 Sea Goldie's, Anthias
Long Fin Fairy Wrasse
Cherub Angel
Royal Granma ........ Still waiting on ClearView Lids. I have had a couple of Diamonds and wrasses Tile Surf!

Going to wait for Lids before I add any more fish to the 900.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the 250 I have....
Flameback angel
2 Ocellaris Clowns
Six Line wrasse
Tri Colored Wrasse
Diamond Goby
Canary Blenny
Cleaner Shrimp, 3 Hermits and a couple of Emeralds.

In the 900...
5 Sea Goldie's, Anthias
Long Fin Fairy Wrasse
Cherub Angel
Royal Granma ........ Still waiting on ClearView Lids. I have had a couple of Diamonds and wrasses Tile Surf!

Going to wait for Lids before I add any more fish to the 900.
@Thanks for the rapid response @Jeffcb . Could I pick your brain for a moment here and get your opinion and experienced thoughts about the Six Line Wrasse in the 250? How is that fish behaving in its community? I’ve heard horror stories about this one but it seems most of the stories are coming from newer reefers. I’ve had one of these fish myself but not long enough to make any kind of assessment because I found it mysteriously dead after a month after adding it to a 29 USG tank.

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Thanks for the rapid response @Jeffcb . Could I pick your brain for a moment here and get your opinion and experienced thoughts about the Six Line Wrasse in the 250? How is that fish behaving in its community? I’ve heard horror stories about this one but it seems most of the stories are coming from newer reefers. I’ve had one of these fish myself but not long enough to make any kind of assessment because I found it mysteriously dead after a month after adding it to a 29 USG tank.
Six Line Wrasse has been great until I added the Tri Colored Wrasse. Six line kept Tri Colored at bay and berried for about 10 days. Now they get along and the Tri Colored fin is growing back lol.

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dinos setting in. Going into full Dino Mode!

Skimmer off. Chemi Pure gone. Refugium algae gone. Feeding like crazy.

I did hit some with a tooth brush.

Have a Hana PO4 and some Neo Phos otw.......

More ideas welcomed!

white slime.jpg

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it turns out my African Flameback Angel has been nipping on my two new Scolys! He like meaty corals I guess.

He had to go. Short of a spear gun I didn't know how to catch him. So I drained the tank. When it was completely drained I had all the other fish in a bucket but the Flameback still wouldn't come out of the rock. I started adding pitches of water keeping the corals wet. With about 3/4s on an inch of water he came out. I knabbed him.

He is in a bag floating in the Reefer 900. I am otw to the LFS to get a Flame Angel to introduce in the tank simultaneously wiht him. I hope I likes his new home. Hope they get along!

20210510_153502.jpg
20210510_153517.jpg

Last edited:
Back