OP
OP
BetterJake

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lid is here. 14 days from order to delivery! Looks sweet!
27359B86-6936-4203-ABD1-C6B9A1B9CD69.jpeg

Last edited:

Dweezilz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not entirely correct. It would only be 14% if you have zero head pressure. That range is only valid at zero head pressure. You will not get that with plumbing attached.

For example, the link below, your particular head pressure can and will alter the actual range of the pump

Yeah, I definitely know all about head pressure etc... I guess in my instance, I can't get the 6.0 to settle at the 43% mark which in theory puts me around 925gph before head pressure. For kicks I put the old Eheim on (792GPH) and...perfect but louder. I guess for me the 3.0 will be better as it's very close to the Eheim output. The problem I see is the head pressure chart can't account for power levels and changing it from the max will change what that chart should show since Sicce's chart is based on 1450. It's almost like they need a 50% chart too. If I stick to the 40% stability range, head pressure 5.8, forgetting the chart is probably different at 43% power, I'm still around 780 after head pressure and I guess for the V1 250, maybe it's too much still. I agree, if it works, it works, and if it doesn't, I need to get the 3.0. Anyway, sorry to intrude on your build post and I hope I didn't break etiquette; just was hard to find someone with a similar tank and pump to get some help.

Last edited:

knecht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Your build is coming along nicely. It makes me excited to start my 200 G2, which should be here in a couple of weeks. Do you find the Sicce to be extremely quite? My tank is going in my office and I want everything to be quite as possible.

OP
OP
BetterJake

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your build is coming along nicely. It makes me excited to start my 200 G2, which should be here in a couple of weeks. Do you find the Sicce to be extremely quite? My tank is going in my office and I want everything to be quite as possible.
Thank you! In my situation the pump is not quiet, I've just yet to take the time to diagnose the cause of the vibration issue. I went ahead and used the provided green return tubing that came from RedSea, and I'm hoping that's the issue as it's easy enough to swap it out for some other vinyl tubing. If it turns out its the pump, I'd like to make a swap. It's in my living room which always has some sort of ambient noise so it's not high on my list to fix right now.

knecht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I bought the Vectra S2 for my build and having second thoughts because I travel, and WiFi would be a plus. But now I'm concerned that if I switch to SDC 6.0, it won't be quite enough. I just need EcoTech to release a WiFi Hub for Mobius at MACNA. One can dream!

OP
OP
BetterJake

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brace yourselves, the uglies are coming! Look at all that junk popping up!

Added some astra and turbo snails to the tank this morning along with a sand star.

I've also started a weekly dosing of MicroBacter Clean, 25ML per 50 gallons weekly, per the bottle instructions.

OP
OP
BetterJake

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a couple weeks, so here's a Sunday update on the tank.

I'm pretty much completely past the GHA and diatoms. Some combination of pods/phyto and my Urchins have been doing a fantastic job.

As expected, with the algae now under control, I have my first Nitrate reading in two weeks! Currently at 1.5 Nitrate and 0.05 Phosphate. I expect some sort of ugly to rear it's head soon enough. I'm ready for the challenge!

I've been pretty consistent with the water changes, 10% (6 G) since week 2.

I dosed pods from AlgaeBarn about 10 days ago, the tank walls are covered with pods! I'm also dosing 15 ML of phyto each day to feed the pods and outcompete algae.

Once per week I'm dosing 5 ML of MicroBacter7, again to outcompete space for algae and to keep Nitrates and Phosphate in check.

The last thing I added was a bag of BRS ROX 0.8 carbon. I cannot believe the water clarity! It's like looking through nothing, fish appear to be floating!

I'm going to keep at it, patience is the game with new tanks. I likely will wait to add corals until the bulk of the ugly phase is over.
IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently at 75%. That being said, I do not have a flow meter so I really have no idea what my actual turnover is at that setting. In addition, I heard that the gen 1 reefer tanks have incredibly finicky gate valves. Sorry I can't provide any help, I do know some people with the gen 1 tanks upgraded the gate valve to help with these types of issues, but it sounds like you already did that.. Someone with some more plumbing experience here may be able to help
I bought the 3.0 version for this....

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 4.0 in my G2. It is a great pump, but nowhere near 'silent'.
I'm looking at upgrading to an Octo Varios at some point in the future

DIFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a couple weeks, so here's a Sunday update on the tank.

I'm pretty much completely past the GHA and diatoms. Some combination of pods/phyto and my Urchins have been doing a fantastic job.

As expected, with the algae now under control, I have my first Nitrate reading in two weeks! Currently at 1.5 Nitrate and 0.05 Phosphate. I expect some sort of ugly to rear it's head soon enough. I'm ready for the challenge!

I've been pretty consistent with the water changes, 10% (6 G) since week 2.

I dosed pods from AlgaeBarn about 10 days ago, the tank walls are covered with pods! I'm also dosing 15 ML of phyto each day to feed the pods and outcompete algae.

Once per week I'm dosing 5 ML of MicroBacter7, again to outcompete space for algae and to keep Nitrates and Phosphate in check.

The last thing I added was a bag of BRS ROX 0.8 carbon. I cannot believe the water clarity! It's like looking through nothing, fish appear to be floating!

I'm going to keep at it, patience is the game with new tanks. I likely will wait to add corals until the bulk of the ugly phase is over.
IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg
Glad to see you are getting through the uglies with that CuC. Any plans for additional fish yet?

Still liking the clear view lid? Definitely looks slick.

OP
OP
BetterJake

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see you are getting through the uglies with that CuC. Any plans for additional fish yet?

Still liking the clear view lid? Definitely looks slick.
Thanks!

I'm about to add a Flame Hawkfish, should be arriving today actually!

In a couple weeks I will be adding a baby Tomini Tang, another defense against the uglies. I already have a friend with a 120G to rehome it once it's too big in a couple years.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.3%
Back