Red Sea reefer 350 75 gallon stocking help

ghostmantank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have a red se reefer and I am having just a hard time putting together a stocking list with all the contradictions about fish out there. So I thought I would ask here, here are ones I am thinking let me know your thoughts.

2 tomato clowns (will add a bubble tip down the road)
1 one spot foxface rabbit
1 yellow eye khole tang
1 flame angle
1 Antenneta Lionfish
1 fairy wrasse
1 jade wrasse
2 cardinal fish
Maybe a snowflake ell
Maybe a small puffer
Snails crabs maybe a cleaner shrimp and maybe a small yellow tang

When I get to the point where I want to add coral I will be doing mushrooms, lps and an anemone maybe a zoa garden.

please tell me your thoughts

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok..not sure how much research you've done...do more please. But for a quick input.

Lionfish, and eels are predatory. If you want a predator tank those should be ok together, some other fish on this list will be dinner - predator tanks are a special reef setup and you'll need to review the requirements.

Puffer with corals and inverts is risky.

Foxface and two tangs is a lot of bio-load so make sure that's managed.

The Jade wrasse may have aggression issues with the Fairy wrasse and has special care needs.

Otherwise - the clowns, the flame angel (add it last as it's most aggressive), pick one tang initially, fairy wrasse and cardinals will make a very nice community to start if you want to add corals at some point.

On the other hand...maybe you're more interested in fish only or FOWLR. And I've mentioned predator tanks. There's many options in the hobby but unfortunately, the options are usually exclusive and cannot be combined.

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stay away from eels or lionfish based in what you have on your list right now.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back