Red Sea reefer 350 deluxe worth it?

p1u5h13r4m24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
This is my first large tank with a sump. All my past tanks had hob filters or in tank sumps.
I really want to get the Red Sea reefer, but idk how much I would need to spend on a decent led light for the tank. Also I need at least a 790gph return pump
The tank is going to run me 1700 so I'm trying to get the tank cycled with a total of 2-2100$. If I can get the pump for less than 100 I might just get the deluxe setup that comes with lights.
Thanks!

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
This is my first large tank with a sump. All my past tanks had hob filters or in tank sumps.
I really want to get the Red Sea reefer, but idk how much I would need to spend on a decent led light for the tank. Also I need at least a 790gph return pump
The tank is going to run me 1700 so I'm trying to get the tank cycled with a total of 2-2100$. If I can get the pump for less than 100 I might just get the deluxe setup that comes with lights.
Thanks!

You might want to check out Water Box aquariums as well. Very similar to the Red Sea Reefer.

Also, check out Planet Aquarium. I believe their set up comes with a pump.

OP
OP
p1u5h13r4m24

p1u5h13r4m24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I checked those out waterbox is nice, but I like the Red Sea dimensions an prices seem similar. I really wasn't sure if there was a cheap alternative for lighting and or a 790gph pump

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I checked those out waterbox is nice, but I like the Red Sea dimensions an prices seem similar. I really wasn't sure if there was a cheap alternative for lighting and or a 790gph pump

Yeah, I almost purchased a 1 y.o. used Reefer 350 for $800 but I new I would then spend way too much on a pump and quality lighting. Great deal on the aquarium but I talked myself out of it. Sometimes it sucks having to be a responsible adult. :D

Good luck with the build. The Reefer aquariums are nice.

OP
OP
p1u5h13r4m24

p1u5h13r4m24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bud. I still might lean towards the cad lights artisan 2

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back