Red Sea reefer 350 set up.

gregoryalln854

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 used Red Sea reefer 350 set ups. They have everything including live rock, fish and coral. I’ll be breaking them down and setting them back up with in hours. It’s been 9 years since I did reef and I’m wondering what’s the best way to do this. I figured there will be some kind of cycle, but will it be as bad as setting up a new tank? I’m a bit worried about the fish and corals.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rocks should not need any sort of cycling so long as care was used to keep the rock alive and wet during the process.

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd make sure I have plenty of clean saltwater on hand for water change in case there's a dieoff and a mini-cycle, I'd go easy on the lights for a day or two to give the fish time to handle the stress of the move. But other than that if it's an established reef and you don't transfer a dirty sandbed I don't see why there would be an issue!

OP
OP
G

gregoryalln854

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd make sure I have plenty of clean saltwater on hand for water change in case there's a dieoff and a mini-cycle, I'd go easy on the lights for a day or two to give the fish time to handle the stress of the move. But other than that if it's an established reef and you don't transfer a dirty sandbed I don't see why there would be an issue!
Thank you, got it transferred and fish seem to be doing ok.

Back